IGNORED

HQ Player

On 5/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, lmitche said:

On Linux/Windows, well with my meager IFI microIDSD black label DAC, I can't get Linux to play without zero db pops and cracks between tracks, when booting the machine, etc.

Your statement here about Linux is misleading. This was fixed in Linux a long time ago. It’s probably safe to assume that your SOtM streamer does not have the fix. 

24 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Jesus R, I sold my SOTM streamer over two years ago.

My most recent Linux experience was on an Intel box running Audiophile Linux. That was six months ago. There may indeed be a Linux disto that works properly and I haven’t found it.  I gave up looking in frustration.

Okay. Then Audiophile Linux does not have the fix either:)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Argon said:

Thanks all for the help with the FIFO drops.  It has been happening randomly for months somewhere between 90 min and 12 hours after starting the stream; never able to stream for more than 12 hours w/o a Push to FIFO error..

+ 2023/03/29 01:11:33 NAA output network engine started at: 96000

! 2023/03/29 01:14:14 NAA output clNetEngine::PushPCM(): clNetEngine::SendStreamPCM(): clSemaphore::Wait() (1438)

! 2023/03/29 01:14:14 clHQPlayerEngine::Execute(): push to FIFO failed

2023/03/29 01:14:14 Stop request (reset)

& 2023/03/29 01:14:14 Stop...

- 2023/03/29 01:14:14 Playback engine stopped

My system was

SonicTransport i9 (Roon) -> HQPlayer -> Cat6 -> SOTM Switch -> Fiber / Finisar SFP -> Sig Rendu -> DAC

In the end I tried:

2 different dacs (PS Audio DS & AQ Dragonfly) - both drop

2 different USB cables ($3 Amazon basic & the amazing aerogel clad solid silver from Happa) - both drop

3 different SFP modules (TPLink, Finisar SFP, Finisar SFP+) - all drop

3 different fiber cables (single mode and multimode depending on optical module)- all drop

2 SFP equipped switches (SOTM and TrendNet) - both drop

Switch -> Cat6 -> Sonore Optical Module FMC -> Sig Rendu (using all above optical combos)  - no change in drops

Changed the micro-SD in the Sig Rendu to a new one ordered from Sonore.

(for the scientists on here, the above matrix is an ideal factorial DOE, 40 runs + 10 replicates)

BTW: All devices on the network are 1000 MB/s negotiated rate.

There is no issue with my SonicTransport i9 Roon source, I am streaming to a B&O device in my office constantly, weeks on end w/o interruption and Roon ARC doesn't drop anytime I'm in the car or traveling.

Yesterday I converted an old Mac to act as an NAA endpoint and used the a multitude of the SFP or SFP+ networking systems described above with the AQ Dragon DAC into one of Mac's USB ports.; I have been streaming for 2 days now w/o issue.  I wont declare successes for a few more days but it is pointing to my Sig Rendu as the root cause.  Hard to say the Rendu Sig is "broken" it works fine for xx hours before it craps out.  It's been my experience that  electrical systems either work or the don't.  It's almost as if a buffer fills or a component over-temps (IR pyrometers shows no sign of heat other than the SFP transceiver that runs 35-39C)

Is there anything I am missing, the Sig Rendu has such a good reputation???

Go to the Rendu homepage and add /diag to the units IP address and post that complete output here so we can see what is going on. 

10 hours ago, Argon said:

Transitioning from the NAA-endpoint (running on a Mac) to my Rendu SE (changing nothing else upstream) and starting the music stream results in the attached diag report from the Rendu.  I was able to stream for ~6 hours before replicating the push FIFO error as before.  Checking in over those hours I wasn't able to see any significant changes, just the quantity of data Rx and Tx increased as expected.  I did not see an accumulation of errors or drops.  @vortecjrHopefully this is insightful for you, TIA.

sig-rendu-start.pdf 53.77 kB · 6 downloads

The /diag ouput looks fine. Maybe some king of lease expires on the network.  

2 hours ago, Argon said:

Good thought..  Current the router has a 1440 min (24h) client lease.  While I never get to 24 hours of continuous streaming I will double it to see if it impacts my experience. 

What should I be looking for in the /diag output to indicate flow control difficulties?

Try to max it out.