IGNORED

HQ Player

I'm currently using HQPlayer with Roon. All works fine, until I enable convolution mode and try to skip a track. At which point you can see HQPlayer showing a 'please wait' dialog (which I think is related to re-calculating the convolution outputs?) and then starts playing the next track. It's fine if I disable convolution mode, mind.

Gapless playback is fine.

Any suggestions or configuration I can tweak to get around this?

Thanks

Solved my issue with slow startup when convolution filters are in place. The higher the filter's input resolution in wave format, the longer it takes to startup. Since I'm only using filtering to notch out bass modes, I tried outputting filters as 16/48. Now starts only a second or so longer than without convolution filters enabled.

Strangely enough, it didn't seem to care if it was DSD 128 or PCM 384 mode - the 'processing penality' existed for convolution filters either way. Shame they cant be cached for longer in memory at least...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, eternaloptimist said:

Well, the ASUS DUAL RTX 2080 arrived in the post today and is now installed. Wow, this card is a beast!

I can upsample to DSD512 (to T+A DAC 8 DSD via NAA) with poly-sinc-xtr, poly-sinc-xtr-mp without a problem. :D The CUDA offload is impressive. Task manager tells me the CPU (i6700K) is sitting stable at around 35%, the graphics card at 60 - 70%. With less intensive filter, the GPU usage sits at around 5 - 7%.

Am having a lot of fun experimenting! The poly-sinc-xtr-mp is remarkable - very dynamic!

Are you able to do 44.1x -> poly-sinc-xtr at 512x 48k base?  My T+A's 44.1k side is broken, hence the question.  Will eventually get this fixed.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Luca72c said:

Are you able to run flawlessly PCM -> DSD256 using EC modulators and non-2s xtr filters on your 3900x PC?

It runs for about 5-10s then hiccups for 1s.  Though bare in mind I have "quiet" cooling activated so I maybe facing throttling, and my ram is set to 3200mhz.

Will try that combo again, I suspect the 5800x might cut it this time.  Hopefully.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, austinpop said:

We are offering you our ears to get to the bottom of this mystery. Without revealing any proprietary information, could you look at possible root causes, and build some test versions - say 4.9a, b, c etc. Then let us try them out and give you feedback on SQ. Perhaps this will isolate the cause.

To be fair to Miska, he did clearly state he only changed a single line of code.  Now I know from past experience that compiler systems aren't entirely deterministic, but that is a whole can-o-worms (read: massively time consuming) over a single line of code.