IGNORED

Article: Aurender W20 Review

Hello Chris

I think I may have solved this. I have had to remove the app from the iPad and reinstall it this has corrected the album artwork error. I have made sure that I have a .jpg folder in each album folder one for the front album named as front.jpg and if so one for the rear album cover named as back.jpg this has resolved the issue.

• 9 months later...

Chris, just set up the W20 with a Berkeley RS via AES. The sound is fantastic. But I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up a Synology to back up automatically. Can you walk me through how you did it?

Audio Alchemy DMP-1 / Roon / Berkeley Alpha RS 2 / Constellation Monos / TAD R1s

• 1 year later...
Chris, just set up the W20 with a Berkeley RS via AES. The sound is fantastic. But I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up a Synology to back up automatically. Can you walk me through how you did it?

I have the same question.

From the article there is the statement:

"From my Synology DS1812+ I set the File Manager to connect to the W20 HDD1 and HDD2 drives and check the box to automatically reconnect upon reboot of the NAS. Once connected the W20 drives appear just like local folders on the NAS. I then setup a backup task that copies all music on both W20 hard drives to a folder on the Synology NAS."

I've played around with this and: 1) don't have a "File Manager" on my Synology, so maybe the name has changed since 2012; and 2) cannot a find a similar function that does this.

Any suggestions anybody?

I have the same question.

From the article there is the statement:

"From my Synology DS1812+ I set the File Manager to connect to the W20 HDD1 and HDD2 drives and check the box to automatically reconnect upon reboot of the NAS. Once connected the W20 drives appear just like local folders on the NAS. I then setup a backup task that copies all music on both W20 hard drives to a folder on the Synology NAS."

I've played around with this and: 1) don't have a "File Manager" on my Synology, so maybe the name has changed since 2012; and 2) cannot a find a similar function that does this.

Any suggestions anybody?

It's now named File station.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@skolis - Another cool thing you can do with the Synology is backup the data to an Amazon Cloud Drive. For $60 per year Amazon gives you unlimited storage.

It could work like this, and all backups are automatic once setup:

Aurender > backed up to Synology

Synology > backed up to Amazon Cloud Drive

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png