IGNORED

How do you file your purchased hirez downloads?

I am seeking advise/ideas on file storage for purchased hirez downloads.

My first thought is simply store like everything else . . . that is . . . artist folder , then album folder, then tracks.

I see no need in having a seperate file system for hirez downloaded files but just wondering . . . is there any reason to treat different from the rest of music library?

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

I am seeking advise/ideas on file storage for purchased hirez downloads.

My first thought is simply store like everything else . . . that is . . . artist folder , then album folder, then tracks.

I see no need in having a seperate file system for hirez downloaded files but just wondering . . . is there any reason to treat different from the rest of music library?

I want to keep track of the downloads I've bought and from whom. I have a directory for purchased downloads, and under that a directory for each vendor. I don't keep hi-rez downloads separate from 16/44 downloads. RBCD rips go in another directory tree, the reasoning being that for those the CD is available as the final backup (though you still want a backup of rips on disc so you back up all the work of ripping and tagging).

It's really personal preference and also a matter of how your system is set up. I put my music in separate subfolders, i.e., one general folder for redbook, one for DSD, one for 24/192, etc. This obviously wouldn't work for everyone but I also have a wife friendly Sonos system at home(in addition to my Auralic Vega DAC) for noncritical listening and I don't want to get into an issue with having my wife choose a hi res file that won't play through the redbook-only Sonos DAC.

Otherwise, I would have all the music in one big folder, designating hi res by appending the name with the sampling rate(e.g., Abbey Road - 24 44.1).

Esau

I keep everything within one file structure. I use both iTunes and JRiver to manage my library. I utilize the Comments box to identify the source of all my files (Original CD Release, Remaster CD Deluxe Edition, MFSL Gold CD, HD Tracks [24/96] etc). If I have more than one version of an Album Title I will append that title to differentiate (1965 Stereo Mix, Mono, HD Tracks etc).

With the iTunes and JRiver I can then create Smart Playlists if I choose using the Comments box as the rule to include HD Tracks or MFSL etc.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa