IGNORED

Stereo Setup Downloads

Online LEDR™ Sound Test | Listening Environment Diagnostic Recording Test

You can try these which move an image around on command (despite claims we don't know how soundstage and imaging work). I forget if the Stereophile or Chesky test CD's had these sounds on them. Never got them all to work perfectly, but they do work. The hardest was often the over arc from side to side. Probably the best I ever got them reproduced was actually on some Quad ESL63's. Maybe the pseudo-point source radiation worked after all.

Here is a Stereophile explanation (it was on Chesky's disc).

Take Me to Your LEDR! | Stereophile.com

There are also lots of other sweeps and tones at the audiotest site above, but be very careful. Played too loudly many of those can damage components in your speakers.

I have found the ASC Music Articulation test less useful, but you may find otherwise.

ASC Acoustics for Control Room and Mix Environments Far down the page is a link to download the test file.

Hopefully these are useful to you.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

if you want to optimize the room, then youll need to treat it acoustically. that will produce the biggest result, by far... it is crucial. the most important factor in listening rooms..

here are some links.

Room Setup Case Study - GIK Acoustics

Room Acoustics Primer - GIK Acoustics

RealTraps - How To Set Up a Room

Audio Physics Speaker Placement Method

John Sayers' Recording Studio Design Forum • View forum - Acoustics

WASP: speakers placement [English]

All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...