IGNORED

New daily deal at eclassical!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, austinpop said:

Sudbin fans - rejoice! Another Beethoven piano concertos disc is out and available for under $10 discounted. If you've bought here before, you'll see it in email soon enough. I've purchased it, but won't get a chance to listen for a few more hours.

5001101-origpic-ba687a.jpg_0_0_100_100_1

I had a first listen and posted my impressions here. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, earnmyturns said:

The good news about eClassical is that (as you note) they carry some great BIS and other smaller European label releases at very nice prices (loved "à la russe" by Alexandre Kantorow, yes, son of the conductor of the release you mention). The less good news is that metadata is terrible, often missing, and tracks can be scrambled (as they were in Angela Brownbridge's "Chopin: Four Ballades" that I got yesterday. TL; DR: promising, but more work needed for a top grade.

I end up fixing tags on pretty much everything I purchase, so this isn't such a hardship for me. 

But yes, I love the prices at eclassical, and the BIS recordings in particular.

i just picked up the serenades above. Very charming examples of early Mozart. Btw - I saw no egregious issues with the metadata.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

http://www.eclassical.com/nielsen-clarinet-concerto-wa-mozart-clarinet-concerto.html

The performance strikes me as less spiky, more romantic, than one would expect for Nielsen, which may be good or bad depending on your preference.  However, the clarinetist is amazing.

If you like Nielsen, two other tips:

1.  Dausgaard just recorded symphonies 3 & 4, his two greatest, with the Seattle Sym on their own label.  I haven’t heard it, but Dausgaard's 2006 set with the Danish National Sym on Dacapo is my favorite set of the 6 symphonies.

2.  Dacapo, the Danish label, now has a holiday sale at various discounts up to 50%.

Thanks for the referrals. I noticed the Nielsen/Mozart is still only $8 and change, so I'm getting it as we speak.

Also thanks for the Dacapo label. Any recommendations?

37 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

@austinpop: If your avatar denotes a love of Mahler, I highly recommend the Dausgaard, Seattle Sym album of the Cooke 2 completion of Mahler's 10th.

It does indeed! And I am really into Dausgaard after buying his Brahms 1 and 2. I'll look for his Mahler.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...