IGNORED

Jethro Tull Steven Wilson re-mix 24/96

I am continually amazed how incredible this Aqualung re-mix sounds. Mr. Wilson just made this like new again. Dynamic, alive, a great listening experience! Thanks Steve!!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

The remix of the Benefit album by Steven Wilson is great too.

Ripping: PC with Win7 64bit and dbpoweramp reference | Music: MacMini 2011 | 16GB | Crucial 512GB SSD | Sierra | LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 6TB | La Rosita Beta New with La Rosita iTunes Plug-In | Pioneer BDP-LX88 | Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Black | Rega Aria MC/MM | Ayre AX-7e | Ayre Codex | Hifiman HE-400i | Mulidine Cadence |

The remix of the Benefit album by Steven Wilson is great too.

I agree that Steve's remixes of the Tull catalog, especially the newest (Benefit) are great in 2 channel. I am not a fan, however, of some of his (same title) surround mix choices. Sure wish he chose/mixed the surround layers like Elliot Scheiner.

Which album you are talking about?

also benefit or a new one?

simplon

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack

Which album you are talking about?

also benefit or a new one?

simplon

Steve Wilson has recently done Benefit, and before that Aqualung and Thick As A Brick. I find the Benefit 2013 stereo remix to be the best of the three, but was referring to all of them as not my fave surround mixes. Although I fully enjoy discrete fun surround (as described, and differentiated from ambient ones, in my exaSound review) they need to make some sense...as basically all of Elliot Scheiner's mixes do (Beck's Sea Change being the poster child). Wilson will often choose lead guitar in the rear, and an occasional lead vocal.

Link? Source? Anything ....?

I have the HR files ripped from the disc that came with the Aqualung box. Killer!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Link? Source? Anything ....?

This one: Jethro Tull | Benefit 2CD+DVD Collector’s Edition

Ripping: PC with Win7 64bit and dbpoweramp reference | Music: MacMini 2011 | 16GB | Crucial 512GB SSD | Sierra | LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 6TB | La Rosita Beta New with La Rosita iTunes Plug-In | Pioneer BDP-LX88 | Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Black | Rega Aria MC/MM | Ayre AX-7e | Ayre Codex | Hifiman HE-400i | Mulidine Cadence |