IGNORED

Moon MiND 180 Users

That is correct, you need to be using ios7 firmware on at least iPad2 and update the firmware of the MiND.

Much better after the update. I thought it was almost useless with the original version.

Still far from perfect...

Hi All,

I'm a user of MiND 180, I do face the same problem as ss4, as per recommended by Simaudio I tried updating the box (twice in fact) using their recommended steps, however I'm still facing the same issue...the problem I see is that there's no way in knowing whether the box has been updated.

I'm really at a lost here as the MiND 180 is becoming unusable.

I have managed to correct mine now using the advice from The UK distributor. What worked for me was turning off the MiND 180, then deleting the app completely from all my iOS devices. You then need to update the software on the MiND, but do it connected directly to your router, don't try and do it wirelessly.

Once the MiND is updated, then re-install the app and it all should work. You will know if the software update has worked because you will now be able to scroll through tracks.

I'm having issues with it. If a playlist ends when the app isn't open then the app and Mind won't talk to each other. Seems Ok if both app and ipad kept open. Constantly having to rebbot Mind. Did update as mentioned above and seems Ok as scrolling now works

The "update" does not seem to be working for me contrary to my earlier post. I have more less given up on the new app, I'm now using bubbleupnp on my android phone, it's now working without a hitch and provide the same functionalities as what the new app claim.

The "update" does not seem to be working for me contrary to my earlier post. I have more less given up on the new app, I'm now using bubbleupnp on my android phone, it's now working without a hitch and provide the same functionalities as what the new app claim.

mystream, in what way is it not working for you? Are you having to reboot the Mind uint? As above, my issue is that it seems to accept a playlist and will play it but once it ends, I usually have to reboot the Mind. The only time it stays "connected" is if the app and ipad are both open when it ends. Bubbleupnp seems to work for me also.

What is your music stored on and what media server software are you using?

I have Synology DS412+ with its own Synology Mediaserver. Mind connected by ethernet.

Jontyj,

Yes, same issue as what you have describe, the only way for me to resolve this is to reboot the MiND. The most annoying part is that there's no way to know whether the upgrade is successful or not, all I can do is to look at the @&$()@ blinking light and pray it's work!

As for my music, they are store on synology 213 (connected on a wired network) but with a twist...I run mimimserver instead of the default media server. I find the mimimserver tagging support much better than synology media server. However, it takes a bit of work to get mimimserver install...nothing too technical, I got it up within 15mins. Support from mimimserver is great, there's a chap call simoncn who respond promptly to my question and the wonderful part is....it's free!

Anyway, as I have mention earlier..I rather pay 5 buck for bubbleupnp and save me the trouble of looking at the @()$&$ blinking light and constant rebooting of the MiND.

Regards

I looked at minimserver but it seemed too complicated to install due to the Java stuff (and this seemed to require reinstallation every time DSM was updated) although I note that there is now a Java manager package for my NAS so maybe that makes things easier. There does seem to be a tag issue for artwork with the synology media server but I can live with it.

The blinking light should become solid once the firmware update is complete. Takes about 10 minutes. The way to tell if the firmware update on the Mind has been successful is that you should now be able to scroll through the track that is playing with the app. If you move the slider from say 1.10 minutes to 3.20 minutes and it skps through the track and plays from 3.20 then the firmware has successfully updated.

I have tried running dbPoweramp's Asset uPnP using music stored on the PC (with the synology switched off) but I have the same issues so I don't believe it is a Synology issue.

Have you tried selecting the playlist then quitting the app and allowing it to finish. Then re-open the app and see if it works.

I have miexd results with this only now things start getting even more weird. If I use one router it seems to work OK - if the app is quit before the ipad locks out and before the queue finishes then when I restart the app it seems to work OK. If I use my original router then it just won't come back up if the playlist ends after the app/ipad has locked out

Also have you tried the non ipad app for ipod / iphone (this has not been updated) as this also seems to be stable for me but is less functional than the ipad version

I have not updated my iPad Mini to iOS 7 but the update seems to work anyway. And the update of the MiND itself went smoothly too.

I had issues with the MiND before the update and the situation has definitely improved. Before the update the MiND rather often lost contact with the network and found it again only after restarting the device. It happened mostly when adding or deleting stuff to/from the playlist. That hasn't happened since the update, but it still happens that the MiND loses contact with the network after not being active for a few days. Only a restart of the MiND device makes things work again. No biggie, but hopefully something that will improve further with the next update.

The scrolling feature is nice, but should of course have been there from v 1.0.

I hope future updates to the app will bring a more user adjustable UI. As it is there are no options at all. I really hate those random cover art pictures representing any given artist that was introduced with the update! Please at least give me the option to go back to the simple and much more attractive list style. There are lots and lots of other details that should be changed or at least user configurable in the way the music collection is visually presented. The app still feels very much like a beta version.

Still love the sound of the device. Still the best computer based music player I've tried.

Jontyj,

The most annoying part is that there's no way to know whether the upgrade is successful or not, all I can do is to look at the @&$()@ blinking light and pray it's work!

Oh, I too was a bit perplexed by this from the start. You should ignore the blue light on the front when updating. The real indicator is the blinking "update" light on the back. It stops blinking when the update is complete. Strangely enough the blue light on the front keeps blinking. You need to reboot the whole thing in order for it to stop.

I had issues with the MiND before the update and the situation has definitely improved. Before the update the MiND rather often lost contact with the network and found it again only after restarting the device. It happened mostly when adding or deleting stuff to/from the playlist. That hasn't happened since the update

That was the same problem I had with previous version on iOS6. That seems to be cured with the new app. Now I just can't let a playlist finish unless the app is on or the app/180 will lose contact

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone actually know what the MiND update does? I bought a MiND and have not bothered to update the firmware as of yet.

I use BubbleUPnP control point from my Android Tablet with ASSET Server running on my PC, and all my music on my Synology NAS and have no issues other than my ignorance of how Asset operates. I also operate the MiND from my PC using JRiver Media Centre and Asset.

Thing is, Do I want to update the MiND and potentially kack the workings?

BB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hijacking this thread to ask whether anyone has compared the Mind 180 with alternate power supplies..

I use the Best of Two Worlds PS. Bought it because i thought the cheap looking wall wart could be the cause of a dropout problem i experienced. Haven't a/b tested but my impression at the time was that there was little, if any, improvement in SQ. But i use it since i have it and it works. May compare someday and post my findings.

The same solution brought a definite improvement to the squeezebox touch, but it's no surprise Simaudio doesn't ship the Mind with as bad a PS as Logitech.

BigBadger -- My impression is that the firmware update does nothing for you unless you are using the Simaudio iOS control app. If you are, you can pause/resume and also scan within a track, things that are useful from time to time.

It is a continuing irritation to me that Simaudio has not yet released their promised Android control app, and that those two function do NOT work (at least, not for me) when controlled with BubbleUPnP.

• 3 weeks later...