IGNORED

Moon MiND 180 Users

Anyone have any update on this?. I have tried everything in my system (including a different streamer which worked fine - but didn't sound so good!) and am sure that there must be issues with the latest App. As with Mike48 it is a big issue for me that I have to use Bubble which doesn't function like the Moon App.

Rich27, is yours working OK and stable now?

mystream, any response from Simaudio?

Anyone have any update on this?. I have tried everything in my system (including a different streamer which worked fine - but didn't sound so good!) and am sure that there must be issues with the latest App. As with Mike48 it is a big issue for me that I have to use Bubble which doesn't function like the Moon App.

Mine has been working perfectly since I worked out that I needed to update the firmware as well as the app. Just follow the firmware update instructions on the website. I did do a factory reset on mine and uninstalled the app before starting from scratch though.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Can't help....sold mine and happily using mac+ audirvana.

Cheers

Mine has been working perfectly since I worked out that I needed to update the firmware as well as the app. Just follow the firmware update instructions on the website. I did do a factory reset on mine and uninstalled the app before starting from scratch though.

Hope this helps!

i have tried factory resets of both 180 and ipad, updated 180 firmware, then installed app to ipad but made no difference. Unless i keep ipad and app open (which makes the ipad nothing more than a very expensive remote as i cant do anything else on it whilst using the moon app) then the app loses the 180 and i have to reboot it.

What router, nas and media server are you using? Everything i have tried (all to no avail) points to the app being at fault (esp as other apps work and a different streamer works) yet others seem to have it working. All very frustrating. As above, love its sound but it just doesnt work properly so getting to point of possible sale. Naim / Linn seem to have good support / forums for their streamers but Simaudio seems to have nothing.

i have tried factory resets of both 180 and ipad, updated 180 firmware, then installed app to ipad but made no difference. Unless i keep ipad and app open (which makes the ipad nothing more than a very expensive remote as i cant do anything else on it whilst using the moon app) then the app loses the 180 and i have to reboot it.

What router, nas and media server are you using? Everything i have tried (all to no avail) points to the app being at fault (esp as other apps work and a different streamer works) yet others seem to have it working. All very frustrating. As above, love its sound but it just doesnt work properly so getting to point of possible sale. Naim / Linn seem to have good support / forums for their streamers but Simaudio seems to have nothing.

I use an Apple Airport Extreme router (latest ac version), a Synology NAS and just use the built-in Synology media server.

Have you spoken to the guys at Renaissance Audio (as you are UK based) I have always found them to be extremely helpful?

Hi Guys

just came across this thread. I too have similar issues. I have the 380D with Mind module running off a synology nas and its own media server, using a Netgear router. Basically the HD app is unuseable for me as the 380D constantly freezes if I close the app or switch to another app so I am using the older app on an ipod touch which works fine. I have also tried bubbleupnp on a Nexus 7 and it works ok but no volume control / vtuner radio etc. I have tried replacing various bits of the system but nothing helps although using my Virginmedia superhub in router mode to replace the netgear seemed to help a bit (other routers made no difference)

Liaising with dealer and Renaissance they dont think it is the App at fault but to me everything is pointing at the app. i understand there is an issue identified with the app if the ipad cover is closed whilst the app is open and that Simaudio are working on an update and a test app was released to dealers just prior to Christmas. My guess is that with the supposed imminent release of iOS7.1 from Apple, further testing is in progress. I have agreed with dealer to await the new app and see where it takes me.

Things improved for me after switching to the 2,4 GHz band from the 5G band of my Asus dual band router, so if you're using a similar type of router maybe this is something worth experimenting with. When using the 5G band with the iPad that I use as remote the MiND was freezing constantly. Don't ask me how or why, but now it works pretty much perfectly. The MiND still has occasional problems finding the network after not being used for a few days though. Must restart the whole thing in order for it to find my music library.