IGNORED

Blue Coast Records - Pt 2

Just to let you all know, BCR did another 'Special Event' on 2nd May - downloads are now available.

Quote from the BCR site :

Following the success of last month's live in the studio recordings we brought back Keith Greeninger, Chris Kee & Brain for another round before these incredible musicians go on tour this summer! The songs below were recorded using our E.S.E. technique and the wonderful Didrik mics we used for the original recordings of the Blue Coast Collection! (Special Thanks to Stephen Jarvis!).

The first 50 people to purchase one of the new Special Event 96K (sorry, not the 44.1) downloads will receive a special secret download performance, not yet debuted!

From Recording to Worldwide Distribution within 3 hours... AMAZING!

I love Cookie's recordings. Although I already owned the BC Collection on SACD and was not interested in them at 24/96 I did get on these. The bonus download is a nice piano solo (Somewhere) by Vikay Iyer. The Greeninger tracks are great, too.

Ted

• 2 months later...

I have an email dialog going with Patrick (Blue Coast) cuz the three very good Mammina/Rollings songs that were recorded yesterday are truncated each time i try to download them (i.e about 45-60 mb of the 100+ mb each). I've tried several times, with nothing else processing on the pc, and downloading them individually, not in parallel. My downloads usually go very smoothly and somewhat quickly. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue here, just that they quit way before the file is completely downloaded. Patrick and Blue Coast are being very responsive, but still no go. he says the server is not really being taxed, so no issue there I guess. ??

Edit: Seems my emails into them brought up an issue with the server, dunno. Anyway, in typical Blue Coast fashion, it was dealt with professionally and quickly. Downloads done, beautiful 24/96 music playing currently. :)