IGNORED

Article: Peachtree Audio deepblue Review

deepblue's sudden disappearance makes for a less interesting story that you'd hope for.

Late last year our OEM factory for deepblue unexpectedly went out of business, which left us unable to build more units until we retooled at a new factory. Instead of simply retooling we decided to use this "opportunity" to design an even better version of deepblue. We are currently working with the original development team on a new model that we hope to have in production by fall this year. We're nearly finished with the new industrial design and expect to start building some prototypes very soon. I'll post updated info as it's available.

There is a Chinese identical product available in Europe for just over one third the price. I mean IDENTICAL.

I see why now its discontinued.

The product available in Europe is an OEM generic version (the OEM is out of business) that shares many similarities with deepblue but doesn't sound nearly as good. I have the generic at my house and it is very bright and shrill sounding. That is a good price though.

Hi Jon,

Its named Kenwin KW25BT.

I have not heard it yet. Does it not have the same DSP circuitry? The hardware looks identical.

Div. MP3 Zubehör, Entertainment & TV, Computing, Foto & CamcorderDiv. MP3 Zubehör, Entertainment & TV, Computing, Foto & Camcorder zu Toppreisen kaufen, günstiger Preis, Sonderangebot, Preisvergleich, Test

I tried to hear the DeepBlue in the States but could never find one in the Philly area on demo. In December while there, I heard they were all sold out and that production problems were the issue. Pity, I would have liked to hear it. Will report back when I hear the Kenwin version. Is there any quaick and dirty tweak for the Kenwin to make it sound better?

Jon,

I never understood why you didnt sell the unit to DIRECTgiven the universal PSU. You could have sold with the US plug an people here could have bought a new Euro plug or an adapter.

You could have mailed direct from the US and covered your cost with $100 delivery fee, or keep stock in the UK and deliver from there for only $50.

No marketing needed ore than the US marketing.

Duties would be the responsibility of the buyer. Simple.

deepblue's sudden disappearance makes for a less interesting story that you'd hope for.

Late last year our OEM factory for deepblue unexpectedly went out of business, which left us unable to build more units until we retooled at a new factory. Instead of simply retooling we decided to use this "opportunity" to design an even better version of deepblue. We are currently working with the original development team on a new model that we hope to have in production by fall this year. We're nearly finished with the new industrial design and expect to start building some prototypes very soon. I'll post updated info as it's available.

Yes, please do as soon as you can. I am eager to see this industrial design, as I think the DB design is already very attractive.