IGNORED

Trixie Whitley.....one to watch!

MUSIC - Trixie Whitley | Official Site

Album release later this month but you can get a taste of what she does in the link. Some may be familiar with her late father, Chris Whitley. Can't remember a more significant vocal in this genre since Joan Osbourne.

I was a huge Chris Whitley fan (Ryan Bingham reminds me of him to some extent), so I'll definitely look forward to this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

In addition to her solo work, she sings in Black Dub with Daniel Lanois, Brian Blade, and Daryl Johnson. Saw them in person last year, very cool!

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

I was a huge Chris Whitley fan (Ryan Bingham reminds me of him to some extent), so I'll definitely look forward to this.

Shame we lost him so soon. I think subconsciously I bought my first resonator because of Chris.........nearly half a dozen later, it's my instrument of choice.

In addition to her solo work, she sings in Black Dub with Daniel Lanois, Brian Blade, and Daryl Johnson. Saw them in person last year, very cool!

Black Dub is also an excellent album. I have read good things about Trixie and her fathers first album was a stunner.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa