IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

18 hours ago, Apmusson said:

Hi,

I ordered a Sablon Audio Panatela Reserva usb cable (powered version) today.  I currently use a Curious Link cable between my Ultrarendu (LPS1.2 powered) and Hugo 2 which i like very much but can be occasionally tiring over long periods of listening (slight harshness, detail overload).

I have preordered a Chord M Scaler for my Hugo 2 so the Sablon is an attempt to get the USB sound balanced before it arrives.  I'll report back after it arrives.

Ade

I received the Sablon cable at 09.00 (BST) this morning and have been listening for about 3 hours straight.   I will reserve final verdict until buyers euphoria has worn off (about 3 weeks in my case).  

Initial listening has revealed that the Sablon Reserva does a lot of things very well.  All harshness from the Curious cable has gone, but the excitement remains - I know this to be true as I have played a couple of tracks that caused me to wince when using the Curious cable (HD800 and Chord Hugo 2 are described by some as bright - I think that revealing is more accurate) are now playing without any pain and with much additional foot-tapping - I couldnt listen to Billy Braggs 'A New England' using Curious Cable - the jangly guitar was too much - it is still acerbic (rightly so) but no more ear pain.

Anyway as I said I'll wait for a few weeks before resuming (I need to swap back a couple of times too).  

Ade

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, Apmusson said:

I received the Sablon cable at 09.00 (BST) this morning and have been listening for about 3 hours straight.   I will reserve final verdict until buyers euphoria has worn off (about 3 weeks in my case).  

Initial listening has revealed that the Sablon Reserva does a lot of things very well.  All harshness from the Curious cable has gone, but the excitement remains - I know this to be true as I have played a couple of tracks that caused me to wince when using the Curious cable (HD800 and Chord Hugo 2 are described by some as bright - I think that revealing is more accurate) are now playing without any pain and with much additional foot-tapping - I couldnt listen to Billy Braggs 'A New England' using Curious Cable - the jangly guitar was too much - it is still acerbic (rightly so) but no more ear pain.

Anyway as I said I'll wait for a few weeks before resuming (I need to swap back a couple of times too).  

Ade

Hi

I owe you a quick update on the Sablon cable.  After using the cable for a few weeks (on burn in) I ended up returning it.  It was an improvement on the curious link cable (providing a richness to the sound over the curious) while retaining the detail.  However, occasionally my system the sound a little dull after a long period of usage - I ended up turning the Hugo 2 and Ultrarendu off for a short period and the magic was back.  I'm not an electronics expert so don't know if it's an issue with the Hugo / Ultrarendu but have not had this problem with other cables.  The sound of the cable is excellent and I know that many others are using it without issue.

Mark (Sablon) was excellent to deal with and I would not hesitate to try his cables for other areas of my system.

I ended up with a Wireworld platinum USB cable and am currently enjoying the burn in process.

Adrian