IGNORED

USB cable comparisons

29 minutes ago, lmitche said:

I've done the JSSG thing on these cables and they sound great! I use one between my PC and HDD enclosure.

Nice.

Did you solder the tinned copper sleeving to the USB ground (connector)?

John said the shield and 'external wire' doesn't need to be tied to the end connectors to be effective but won't harm of course.

And did you solder the external wire to the tinner copper sleeve before putting sleeve on, or after?

1 minute ago, lmitche said:

I seem to remember John saying attaching to connectors would cause harm. None of mine are connected. No, I didn't solder prior to adding the sleeve.

But you do have the 'external wire' soldered to the tinned copper sleeve?

Or there's no 'external wire'?

• 4 months later...

And it's USB section is not externally powered:

"The Blu2 uses the VBUS only as a logic level flag - and it's RF filtered too. So removing it will ensure that Blu2 will not use the USB as a valid input. I can see no logical way that it can possibly change the SQ."

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hugo-m-scaler-by-chord-electronics-the-official-thread.885042/page-73#post-14468015

Rob Watts is really easy to reach over on Head-Fi if you had any questions...

6 minutes ago, barrows said:

It is common practice in the audio industry to include generic cable(s) with a product as a convenience to the purchaser, in no way does this practice suggest that the included cable(s) are the best performing option.

True but on the other hand, as @marce said:

"A problem for domestic audio is external connectors, you never know what sort of cable is going to be hung on the end of the device, so you have to design for a generic cable and hope the punters use somthing similar and not some exotic antenna,?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, HumanMedia said:

Yes I’ve tried a range of lower cost cables and I am loath to spend big $. Im firmly in the USB-spec camp after poor experience with a few boutique cables (Mapleshade, Curious etc)

I experienced the same and am also back to my trusty Supra USB cable (high speed certified).