IGNORED

ipad mini and mac

Splashtop2

Thank you for the recommendation.

I tried LogMeIn. It works well but it streams the audio to my iPad. Will splash top do the same thing. That's not what I want.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Thank you for the recommendation.

I tried LogMeIn. It works well but it streams the audio to my iPad. Will splash top do the same thing. That's not what I want.

Yes and no. Splashtop gives you the option to stream the sound to the iPad or not. Go to the Streamer (on computer, not iPad) Preferences> Settings> and you can turn off streaming to mobile device. Streaming to iPad is enabled by Soundflower. i eventually uninstalled Soundflower and the streaming function is totally removed with it.

You can turn off the audio streaming on LogMeIn too. I haven't used it a long time and can't recall how, but I did turn it off.

I've used Splashtop, LogMeIn, and Remote HD and Splashtop is by far the best. It is reliable connecting and the most responsive when using it. It is most like holding your Mac in your hand on your iPad.

OK . . . I have splashtop now and working through the learning curve. It responds well on my network . . . better than I expected. Thanks for the recommendations from all.

Follow up question . . . I want to use the application as just a way to view my mac minis virtual monitor. I also want to use my Gyration wireless mouse/keypad to function in setup and therefor not use the splashtop remote mouse funtion. Is there a way to disable this part of splashtop's function? The reason I ask is that feature is getting in the way of SEEING, on IPad, what my current direct connected monitor is seeing as the mouse crawls around.

Maybe I am just goofy but I find the wireless mouse/keyboard ability far better than splashtops control. I use a Gyration wireless combo and I like this one the best as it has the small keyboard and a mouse that works on pad or in air.

Thanks in advance for helping.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR