IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

On 1/4/2020 at 9:59 AM, wklie said:

For Lumin U1 or U1 MINI, please disconnect the USB before you use the AES / BNC / RCA / toslink output.  The presence of USB DAC is automatically detected and it'll override the other outputs.

If I understand correctly . . . I have the Mini connected to North Star Design DAC via usb and aes. No issues, no unplugging cables. I just toggle the switch on the front of the NSD to choose the cable I want to use (DAC has no RC, wish it did)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just need clarification on “a little thing.” Last evening an automatic firmware update must’ve taken place (Leedh)

Now when listening to DSD 64, DSD128 or 356, there’s an audible pop and then sound only from the left speaker? 
The DAC used to play any up or down sample thrown at it ...

What corrective action can I take?

17 minutes ago, wklie said:

I thought you're using the U1 MINI, i.e. no internal DAC inside Lumin, connected to North Star Design DAC?

If that's the case, please make sure Custom Re-sampling is turned off.  Unplug the USB DAC cabe.  Power cycle both the Lumin and the USB DAC.  Then reconnect the USB.

If you're using a different Lumin model, please tell me which model it is.

Yes, I’m using Mini with North Star DAC. 
Within the LUMIN app I can select various sample rates and it changes the front display of the northStar DAC accordingly. Normally, I connect the Mini and DAC through USB but occasionally use AES.

i’ll try your suggestions in a couple days… Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

In an attempt to troubleshoot a very intermittent problem, I was wondering if the output from the U1 Mini USB 1 & USB 2 are identical?

FYI

The issue is very low vol from the right speaker that might last 1 song, 2-3 songs, sometimes 5-6 songs. This happened today, last time was 3 months ago. 

So, when the issue occurs, I want to quickly switch the signal coming out of the Mini into DAC #1 to DAC #2 so I can determine if I have an issue with the DAC. Then switch back to DAC #1 to confirm the problem

Make sense? Any thoughts are appreciated

TIA

44 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Thanks for the input!

Not sure about the USBx being "identical" but I wouldn't think that a USB port would drop only one channel of audio but I could be wrong. To be clear, both channels work, but the Volume on the right channel is greatly diminished

Confirm that this has only happened when using the U1 and no other sources have ever been involved. The Mini is my main source 99%. I rarely spin discs in my Oppo-205

Intermittent problems are the worst! Yes!

24 minutes ago, Ropet said:

I can't hear any differences. I'm not sure exactly how you compared. If you use both USB's at the same time it will not work, unfortunately. I have two dacs and when I switch I connect USB2 but I also have to take out USB1. However, if I use SPDIF's outlets I can connect the AES to one dac and RCA Coax or Toslink to the other but not USB plus SPDIF at the same time. It is a pity. The only drawback with SPDIF in my set up is that it does not accept dsd. That is why I use USB.

I'll shut down DAC 1 and play thru USB DAC 2 when the problem resurfaces

22 minutes ago, roadCingKlassik said:

1 hour ago, BlueSkyy said:

I'd check any and all analog connections from the output of your DAC to the input of your amplification chain as well.  

Intermittent problems are the worst!

Only one XLR output from DAC to Preamp . . . and the cables have been replaced. I thought I had solved the problem when cable was changed out. Nope!

If you connect two USB DAC to the two USB ports (this is unsupported)  concurrently, we don't know which USB DAC will actually get the USB music signal)

Nice engineering feat. I'm totally impressed

Then why offer 2 usb ports??? ??????

You offer 2 ports, yet unsupported???

Peter, You have been very straight forward in all of your previous correspondence. However, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE

all kidding aside, I'll let you know how the MINI is wired! 

WTF

my initial Q was answered. For that, ty . . . 

• 5 weeks later...

Please set Lumin Analog Output Level to Low.

No matter you use Roon / Spotify app / Tidal (Connect) app, adjusting the Lumin volume using these apps gets the same Lumin Leedh Processing Volume as with using Lumin app.

Where is the Lumin Anal Output adjustment?? I'm using Qobuz, U1 mini >> to Lampi DAC... No Roon. . .I cannot find this adjustment

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, wklie said:

There is now a prerelease firmware that adds a Lumin app setting for U2 (Mini) / U1 (X / Mini) to force the use of SPDIF / AES output instead of USB output, even when a USB DAC is connected (i.e. you no longer need to disconnect the USB cable).

Another minor change is to improve the sorting of tracks in folder view of directly connected USB drive.

Users who need this please let me know and state your model.  (Also available for X1 P1 T3 T2.)

Yes, plz

U1 MINI

TIA

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...