IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

psme,

psme,

I know I know.... but as everybody I also has some expectation for this new equipment.

I will stop comparing new and my old gear at least till end of the week, till this time equipment will be burned-in for ~200h.

Lumin is not a tube based gear, so till this time sound should be more-less stable.

I will have time to tag my music library :)

Darius

Hello Darius,

I received my Lumin loaner at the same time and I am still impressed with the overall sound quality.

IMO the Logitech Transporter is a great source but at home, the Lumin is performing better than the Aurender S10 connected to my Esoteric K03 player.

I am experiencing now the DSD streaming capabilities and it is really another dimension. The Channel Classics downloads are really impressive, sound definitely better than SACDs. You should give a try...

2L also offers free downloads of DSD tracks.

Joël

• 7 years later...
3 hours ago, matthias said:

I think gain matching of the complete set-up is most important as well because the Leedh Processing is not lossless with greater attenuation than 30dB.

Matt

Yes in absolute terms you are correct, but you also should consider than the 30 dB attenuation is already a lot and that the lower values are less consuming in terms of bit length than most of the usual digital volume controllers available to the market...

Cheers.

Joël