IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 5 weeks later...

Peter:

One other request.  Could you please add Amazon Music HD to the streaming services you support.  The Bluesound integration is terrible.  I hear that the Marantz/Denon Heos is OK, but would love to have this on my Lumin streamer.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Frequent crashing of Lumin app on IOS.

I recently upgraded a lumin ui mini to a T2.  However, since the upgrade I am experiencing frequent crashing of the app on IOS.  I upgraded to the new firmware but still am getting a lot of crashes.  Is anyone else having this problem?

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@wklie hello Peter,

is there any way to display album liner notes (in pdf format), or any pdf file in the album folder, inside Lumïn app (iOS) using MinimServer?

This feature is available on Bubbleupnp but it is an Android only app and anyway I prefer Lumïn app much more ... really the best app ...

Thank you

I too would very much like this ability to read .pdf files

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, FIndingit said:

Since the wishing well is open, I would like to have:

- Qobuz pdf booklets on iOS app

- Larger back arrow on iOS app

- A way to hide some of the Qobuz album info (the year) in search listing to have more space for track names

- Even better sq

I second the request for pdf booklets for both Qobuz and my own library.  Auralic offers this feature.

• 1 year later...

Better usability with Mac Mini and Big Screen Monitor

Hi Peter,

are there any plans to make the Lumin app look better when using the mac mini on  a big screen TV.  Everything looks too small and is unreadable from more than 3 feet away.  

I have an aurender and auralic and both look great on a big screen tv.

What are your thoughts about this?

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Absolutely not. I love Lumïn, streamer and app.

I’m just suggesting a way to obtain what is (still) not available in Lumïn, after all Lumïn itself strongly suggest to use Minimserver to manage the library as it is way more configurable than the streamer itself.

Minimserver offers al lot of options that probably won’t be never available in Lumïn firmware.

Lumïn guys have done a great job offering such a perfect integration with Minimserver, why not use it? Minimserver is very cheap but can really maximize the experience with a Lumïn streamer.

I agree regarding minimserver and lumin.  There are a lot of fields in minimserver that would be useful for creating playlists in lumin and would love to be able to use more of the information contained.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, wklie said:

@The Computer Audiophile

- Setting window closing when not playing / playlist is empty on iOS: We have identified the cause of it and is currently fixing it and will release a fix ASAP.  Our Android app should not have this bug.

- Explicit lyrics indicator: We will add this in a future update

- Qobuz sorting: We have our own sorting implemented for favorites.  For non-favorites, they show up as Qobuz server response order.  I'll recheck whether there's Qobuz API support (although quite unlikely) or whether it's possible to add our own sorting - but that has the tendency to slow things down seriously so I cannot promise it at this point.  Both Qobuz app and Tidal app do their own things and there are many functional aspects not available as API to third party.

- The full screen album art view is designed to show textual metadata information only for a few seconds then disappears.  It was designed to behave like this 10 years ago.  Two months ago I talked to our product manager, he's not interested in changing it.  I'll talk to him again.

- The "white bar" you see at the bottom looks like the iOS home indicator.  We will adjust the iOS layout in a future update so that the text is not covered by the iOS home indicator.  I guess most of the Android devices probably should not have this same issue.

- Qobuz browsing jumping to top-level: We are investigating this glitch and prioritized it.  We already have found one possible cause, is currently fixing it and will release a fix ASAP.  Our Android app should not have this behavior for the same type of cause.

To me the full screen album art view is a very important feature.  I use a M1 mac mini to display the lumin information and go crazy when the full screen disappears.  On my aurender, the full screen view stays on indefinitely.  And I would request that the full screen view show as much information about the song/album as possible.  Would also like to display back cover art.

1 hour ago, wklie said:

The album art is expected to show indefinitely unless you tap it (only the text should disappear).  We used this feature for our audio exhibition all day.  I can confirm it stays in our iPad in our use case.  The iPad is placed on top of a demo Lumin and is normally untouched all day.

Peter. Is it possible that the text can also stay?

• 2 months later...

Does Lumin have a feature like Aurender's "consume mode".  By this I mean that when an item appears in a now playing queue, after the track is played, it no longer appears in the queue.  I was unable to see this in the Lumin interface.  If it exists, where is it?  If not, this is a feature I would like to see in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...