IGNORED

Mytex 8x192 Multichannel DSD capable ADDA DAC

Up for sale is my Mtyek 8x192 DSD capable DAC.

This DAC has never been used, plugged into power or connected to any system or computer.

Supplied with original Invoice, original box and manual (what is of it..it is brief :) )

It is the current model/colour as pictured.

No add on Cards are available with this purchase. They were never supplied as ordered by Mytek.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with folks here on this forum. Because that is what this forum is for right? I am among friends.

If I am a bit "brutally" honest...so be it..., then that is your gain and my pain right?

Reason for purchase: I bought this DAC with the intention of using it for Stereo DSD (in the same manner as the 2x192 which was released about the same time).. and the "hope" that Mytek would deliver on their DSD card and drivers for the 8x192. It was my understanding at the time that the DSD card was exactly the same as the one going into the 2x192... (it still may be for all I know).. so I assumed that if I bought this DAC I'd be sweet for Stereo DSD..with the added ability to upgrade to multichannel when the time arose. This DAC is perfectly *capable* of doing all this. It even has dedicated stereo XLR analog outputs, and a volume trim almost exactly like the 2x192. The problem is the availability of Drivers and the DSD card has never eventuated..despite my continual niggling on the forum and privately outside.. I guess that is my bad.

Reason for sale: I've simply tired of waiting. I want to move on. It's as simple as that !

So make me an offer.

I've yet to set a price, but this retails around $3450.. or so I believe

I'm also tempted to even swap it for a brand new 2x192 if someone is so inclined. I may not decide this.. but I'm tempted

So please consider this sale. I'm prepared to take a significant hit on the outlay. Kinda like a facebook IPO type of hit. Them's the breaks I guess.

For those who don't know what the product is capable of.. do your research. Google my blog on this.. on this forum.

Audiophiles will need to go into this purchase with eyes wide open.

Audioengineers will well know the capabilities of this equipment.

Need I say anymore?

Cheers eveyone.

Wap

images-19.jpeg

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Wap,

I feel your pain!

You might want to put this up on places like gearslutz.

All the best!

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

When I was referring above to the "DSD card":.. I am referring to the USB DSD card. Of course there is a firewire card available and other more pro-audio cards. Take your pick. For details see the Mytek website. Cheers.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

• 4 weeks later...

For what it is worth, I've just listed this on eBay. Item no. 330859019481

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold. :)