IGNORED

HD Tracks - Bob Dylan Highway 61

Actually, to me, this one does not sound much different than the CD. This is not a warm recording to begin with and it seems a little less warm. The hi-res treatment does not seem to open it up much. Queen Jane Approximately on the other hand sounds very good. Sorry I don't have DR software. Judging from the Audacity picture I would guess it (the DR) is average. If this came from the SACD, and I have to believe it did, try searching for reviews on the SACD.

Thanks for this.

Any chance of posting the DR values, if you have the software to do it? I would just like to compare it to other versions I've got.

Do you have any subjective assessments of how it sounds to you?

Thanks again.

The DCC gold is a fair bit warmer. The mono cd is a bit closer. I prefer the HDtracks version. A little bright, but not hard. As mentioned, the original recordings may be a bit on the bright side.

I don't think that this is the same master as the SACD. I no longer have the SACD, but I don't recall it sounding quite as good as the download. I recall it having a harder sound. Could just be tweaked a bit.

The CD release from "The Original Mono Recordings" is very good. The rest of the box set is also very good. I don't think it is available as single albums, but you can get the whole set of 9 CDs for $80 from Amazon. Great if you like Dylan. The way they were "intended to be heard", if you agree with that line of reasoning.

I think I like the stereo DCC version better (a little warmer, and the stereo gives it some "body"). But good luck getting that for less than $100 new ($60 used on Amazon).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I've got the DCC and it is fabulous. Just like many of the other DCC releases.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 11 months later...
I've got the DCC and it is fabulous. Just like many of the other DCC releases.

I find the SACD from 2003 to be excellent and the HD tracks download is also very good. Perhaps some don't like the brightness compared to the DCC but there is definitely more definition in the former two. The DCC softens things up but it seems to take some detail away.

None of the (measurable) versions has a DR value above 10 with the DCC and MONO discs coming in at 10 vs. the others at 9.

At higher volume over a long listening session, the DCC would be a less fatiguing listen.