IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Win10 can be booted and running from USB stick. I would try that and disconnect your HDD. Officially Microsoft supports to create 'Windows To Go' installation on USB stick only for Win10 Enterprise edition, but using Win10 installation media and free tool you can create USB bootable Win10 installation on USB stick for any Win10 edition (and not only Win10).

Best Windows To Go Creator to create bootable Windows 10/8.1/8/7 USB drive!

WiNToBootic - the ultimate Windows USB Boot Disk Maker

Why would you want to run your audio OS off a slow USB drive? The performance difference in running off SSD vs HD is observable, this sounds like a step backwards.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Miska said:

Have the image on a network share, or just on regular filesystem on USB stick. And then boot some live Linux installation image, such as Fedora Workstation or Ubuntu Desktop. Instead of launching the installer, just go to live (select "Try"). You can then "dd" the image to the internal /dev/mmc* or similar.

I use similar method also to move OS' over to new storage and such.

mmm, I was unable to boot unit off USB earlier after imaging with naa-4123-x64, just went to original Stylus boot on USB stick. When I tried to copy the image to a different USB

stick under Fedora it gave me a select box for RPI2 or RPI3 image. Is this actually an image for intel (Atom) processor?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

21 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Can I ask a question here?

Why are you trying to boot your NAS from an NAA image?

crossed wires, was atom endpoint. @Mischa I went ahead and flashed a second actual USB stick successfully with Rufus, for some reason Balena Etcher did not correctly image an SDXC card in a USB stick holder. running off USB boot for the moment and will give a try tomorrow to reimage the internal eMMC.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Haven't moved NAA image to eMMC yet, but its working/sounding far better using native image on USB stick than running NAA in Euphony environment off eMMC. Current NAA setup is UP atom machine with 12V  JS-2 PS, Lush 2 to SRC-DX, AQ Eagle Eye coax with adaptors to Chord Mojo or Metrum Octave

Euphony endpoint on Atom processor is a PITA to tune to eliminate massed instrument harmonic "fuzziness" ; native NAA, no up-sampling is much cleaner then Stylus endpoint or NAA run under Euphony. Have ordered a NUC11TNHi3 that I want to swap with to see if Apacer memory/intel 960P M.2/i3 combination

betters the Atom machine as endpoint for Euphony/NAA

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 months later...