IGNORED

HD Tracks from the UK

Pay through PayPal?

You could also try to access the site through a US proxy server. Usually websites check your IP address to determine where you are coming from. A proxy server would make HD Tracks believe you are accessing the site from a US IP address.

At what stage can you not continue? Accessing the site, add to basket, providing shipping address or at the payment stage?

Merging NADAC / Theta Compli --> Spectral DMC-20 --> Spectral DMA-250 --> Avalon Ascendant (with tweeter upgrades)

I believe you need to use a proxy server.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

For most albums, PayPal and an American address in your account info. will be enough. For some (very few?) specific albums, HDTracks actually checks the location of your IP address ...

Bought quite a few albums since signing up 6 months ago and never been refused any albums.

I'm outside N. America, use PayPal and a "friend's" USA address!

Synology NAS, Mac Mini 2011 (with SSD and 16GB RAM), Lampizator L4 Gen4 PCM DAC, Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX2 line pre-amp, SGR CX4F active speakers, Apple iPad (as remote).

Software: OS X Mavericks, Amarra Symphony 3.0 with iRC/Audirvana Plus 1.5.12/, Remoter VNC (on iPad). CAD OS X script v2.2 (to remove redundant processes).

OS X Mavericks running from SD card; 8 GB RAM disk for music files.

All connected via a snakes nest of various exotic cables! ;o)

Hi

Can anyone remind me how to get HDtracks working from the UK. I know it works awhile ago, but then the studios got arsey.

I knows there's a work around, just can't remember how.

Thanks

Try Téléchargement de musique en haute qualité. Ecoute en streaming. if you speak a little french.

Peter

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

For most albums, PayPal and an American address in your account info. will be enough. For some (very few?) specific albums, HDTracks actually checks the location of your IP address ...

I think I would say the majority of albums (seems to be based by Label) HD Tracks checks the IP address.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I've probably bought close to a hundred with only 2 or 3 location-based refusals ...

Out if interest when did you buy them? There was a change on policy from HD Tracks about 2/3 months ago. My own experience is if you click pretty much any of their top 25s and then click to add to basket you get a refusal here on UK (using Sky Broadband).

Eloise

Eloise

---

For Qobuz at least, using a VPN works eg VyprVPN which has a French VPN server option amongst other site options. I've witnessed it on someone else's machine but am not sure how legal that is so would never attempt it myself ;-).

Synology DS211J NAS-->CAPS2-->Bifrost -->Audioengine A5+ actives

same-->Macbook Pro 2010-->Audirvana-->Audiinst HUD MX-1-->Grado 325i headphones

same-->wireless bridge-->Sonos-->MF VDAC1-->Yaqin MC100B-->Celestion A3

I only bought 1 or 2 albums from HDTracks (used PayPal as payment option) and did not need to go through a proxy server at that time. Things may have changed.

Looks like your safest bet would be to use a proxy server, pay with PayPal and put in a US address :)

I use VyperVPN when I need a proxy and this has been working well for me so far.

Merging NADAC / Theta Compli --> Spectral DMC-20 --> Spectral DMA-250 --> Avalon Ascendant (with tweeter upgrades)

Out if interest when did you buy them? There was a change on policy from HD Tracks about 2/3 months ago. My own experience is if you click pretty much any of their top 25s and then click to add to basket you get a refusal here on UK (using Sky Broadband).

Eloise

Hi Eloise,

My last purchase was American Idiot on Sept. 13. Just tested with Velvet Underground and had no problems ...

BTW, I'm in Brazil.

Geoffrey

The trick is to checkout with PayPal (for me at least)

I'm in Portugal and never had any problem dl from hdt.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.