IGNORED

New audiophile: Need help selecting speakers

While many often suggest store auditions, where speakers are concerned IMO and experience, critical auditions in spaces other than yours are of very little value. The listening space is going to influence the speakers performance to such an extent that the initial performance will be miles from the in room sound. EXCEPT where speakers of high or near constant directivity are concerned, bass response not withstanding.

While many often suggest store auditions, where speakers are concerned IMO and experience, critical auditions in spaces other than yours are of very little value. The listening space is going to influence the speakers performance to such an extent that the initial performance will be miles from the in room sound. EXCEPT where speakers of high or near constant directivity are concerned, bass response not withstanding.

I sort of agree, but you have to start somewhere as you cannot bring your room to the dealers. Of all equipment, speakers have the most diverse differences. Have them put into a room about the size of yours, using equipment at about the same caliber you have or will have. Buy with return privileges or in home demo and bring back more than one set at a time. I firmly believe in direct comparisons. I never sell something before I am sure I like what I just got. If it doesn't turn your crank, return them. The right speaker will, and that is why so many are passionate (one way or the other) about whatever speakers they own.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz