IGNORED

WAV Metadata for Mac

Is there any library program that will work with Amarra that will let me add metadata, specifically album art, if I rip all my CD's to WAV files?

No idea, but why bother? Amarra should play back AIFF, ALAC or FLAC just fine.

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

No idea, but why bother? Amarra should play back AIFF, ALAC or FLAC just fine.

Cheers,

Peter

Why bother? In another thread he mentioned that he thinks WAV sound better and I agree. Let's please not start a battle over that....

John: There is a way, but it may be a bit of a kludge. Someone around here has mentioned the process, but it was mixed into a thread. Most likely one of the many that talked about the differences in file types. If someone does not come forward, I'd scour the threads about it. If you do find it, please post a link to it here as it would be beneficial to others, myself included.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Why bother? In another thread he mentioned that he thinks WAV sound better and I agree. Let's please not start a battle over that....

John: There is a way, but it may be a bit of a kludge. Someone around here has mentioned the process, but it was mixed into a thread. Most likely one of the many that talked about the differences in file types. If someone does not come forward, I'd scour the threads about it. If you do find it, please post a link to it here as it would be beneficial to others, myself included.

Thanks for the encouragement....yes, I can hear a noticeable difference & wouldn't be going down this path if it wasn't substantially better & I agree, "let's not go there".

If I come across anything useful, I'll post it here.

One thing I have found is that if I ask I-Tunes to find the cover art, it will find it for some albums & not others. Not sure if it embeds the art or not. I don't think it does, as in the file directory it doesn't have the art next to each track, it just shows up in the main I-Tunes library of songs.

Thanks,

John

Of course not. I didn't see the other thread when I replied and just wanted to point out there are other lossless variants more convenient (and in the case of AIFF just holding the raw PCM data).

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A