IGNORED

Happy B-Day, CD ?

from wiki

"The first album to be released on CD was Billy Joel's 52nd Street, that reached the market alongside Sony's CD player CDP-101 on October 1, 1982 in Japan."

And once again, merchandising motivates convenience over SQ, a trend that keeps roughly a 30yr cycle. From 78's to 33-1/3 LP, to cassette, to CD & then to digital file. I wonder what the next step in the infinite cycle will be????

& how many pieces of music you already own will need to be replaced???

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Macmini (as server)-> AE Express/SB Touch-> Dacmagic plus -> Outlaw RR2150 -> PSB Image T6 (dedicated 2 channel audio system)

Macmini (via toslink)-> NAD T747 -> PSB Imagine B/SVS SB2000 subwoofer (home theater)

Macbook Pro-> Peachtree idecco->PSB Imagine Minis, Energy ESW-M8 subwoofer, Beyerdynamic DT880 (home office)

IMac->audioengine D1 dac->airmotiv 4 (work system)

Top 9? They couldn't find a 10th? (or replace their 7th?)

The CD Turns 30: The Top 9 Things We Used To Love About It

Read this as I unwrapped my latest CD purchases that I picked up at the record store on new release Tuesday. I am SOO old-school it hurts.

Muse - The 2nd Law

Beth Orton - Surgaring Season

The Vaccines - Come Of Age

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

I still love new release Tuesday at my local store :~)

New releases are usually Monday in UK. New films generally go on release (at cinema) Thursday though.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Movie releases here are in theaters on Fridays.

Just goes to show what I always suspects - USA really is behind the UK :-)

Actually I think technically speaking movie releases are Friday here, with Thursday technically being a preview.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.