IGNORED

XLD - Bit Perfect - iTunes settings.

Hi!

But id like to have a root folder e.g. XLD rips, then two new folders one called AIFF, the other called FLAC, and then a copy of the rip put in the appropriate folder.

Not sure if that can be done in XLD, I will check if I have some time later ...

Till then: there is an app for everything!

A free app that will achieve this is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filesorter/id411279149?mt=12

and a simple set up guide can be found on: Move, Copy, Open, & Remove Files With File Sorter [Mac]

Or a quick manual workaround: Sort on file extension and drag and drop

Or use automater ... or ... I am sure there are many more options.

I am not that often on this forum anymore, but I will check your question in XLD on a later date and let you know

Trappistmonk

Macbook Pro (summer '12) - iTunes - $4 optical cable - Bel Canto C5i - Zu Audio Libtec - Joseph Audio RM22XL

Many thanks for a great info !

I am glad that I'm able to help someone now on this forum as I have received a lot of support from it when I was setting up my system

Trappistmonk

Macbook Pro (summer '12) - iTunes - $4 optical cable - Bel Canto C5i - Zu Audio Libtec - Joseph Audio RM22XL

Hi!

But id like to have a root folder e.g. XLD rips, then two new folders one called AIFF, the other called FLAC, and then a copy of the rip put in the appropriate folder.

I checked the XLD software and it refers to the Apple Smart Folder technique to do what you want:

Create a Smart Folder

In the Finder, choose File > New Smart Folder, or press Command (⌘)-Option-N.

To search for files on a particular topic, type the topic in the search box.

Choose the location where you want to search for files.

This Mac: Searches the entire computer.

All My Files: Searches the “All My Files” folder.

Shared: Searches shared folders on disks and computers on your local network. This option doesn’t appear if your computer is not connected to any shared folders.

You can choose whether the search should include only the names of files, or their entire contents. As you type in the search field, a menu appears. Choose the “Filename matches:” option, and then choose either Name or Everything.

To search for additional specific attributes, click Add (+) below the search field. Search attribute pop-up menus appear.

The menus work in pairs; for example, to search for images, you would choose Kind from the pop-up menu on the left, and then choose Images from the pop-up menu next to it.

Click Save, and specify a name and location for your Smart Folder. If you do not want your Smart Folder to be in the sidebar, deselect Add To Sidebar.

You can’t use certain characters, including punctuation such as a colon (:), in folder names. If an error message appears, try using another name.

Trappistmonk

• 4 weeks later...

A weird thing happened today. I have used XLD without issue for about a year. When I opened it today and tried to rip a new CD I discovered all of my preferences were gone. I am not sure what could cause that but fortunately some time ago I did screen shots of all my settings to share with another member (after they were originally shared with me) and I am glad I saved them. I only wonder what might cause a complete set to default (if that is what it was).

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
  • 2 weeks later...

So far, I did not have this issue ... I did however mess up my profile by clicking save current settings and overwriting my original profile. So yes, my post here acts as a backup for myself as well!

Trappistmonk

Hi Geoff

The reason why I back it up in FLAC as well as in AIIF is to make sure that I have an uncompressed copy that I can convert to any format I like later on. Currently I am using a MacBook Pro, but if/when I will switch back to windows, I have a FLAC copy of all my music so that I do not have to re-rip my entire collection.

If my AIIF copy would get corrupted, I can still convert my FLAC backup to any format I like.

Trappistmonk