IGNORED

What is your personal reference audiophile recording (best sound quality)?

This one is amazing, same kind of quality as the other downloads from the little label, but now with more instruments

and bigger arrangements.The sound stage is huge.

The trumpet player, Bandoneon player and the cellist are phenomenal.

The first track and the last track are very different,first track has a full 9 piece band and the last is just trumpet with a gorgeously recorded Joshua Samson on percussion, but still there is no doubt, that both tracks belongs on this album. Very very well done.

Andre Heuvelman - After Silence

500x700px-LL-3359807d_Andre2030020met20schaduw20320_300.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw that the Sound Liaison label have come off theit high Horse and have started to sell Flac files as well. And the price has gone down too, from 20 euro to 12 euro for a complete studio master flac file. 24/96

I already have everything in Wav so no need for me to buy, but for all you guys who do not care if it is the original studio master with no conversion(wav) or a converted file (flac), this a really good offer.

Music Store

SSS1%20Milan%20200%20FLAC%20v2.pngSSS1%20Milan%20200.png

• 1 month later...

The latest download is maybe the best they have made so far.

Ecm recording artist Wolfert Brederode has made a new band with fellow Dutch musicians and they have composed a suite of music inspired by Hemingway´s , the Old man and the Sea.

Great music and unbelievable sound stage.

BATIK (WAV)

Batik%20Hoes%20300%20shadow%20v2.png

I still think that the Sound Liaison recordings are the best to be had at the moment.

I have all the downloads from this little label and just a couple of days ago bought the latest, the

''After Silence'' by master trumpet player Andre Heuvelman.

It a stunningly beautiful album. These musicians dares to play with a deeply felt emotion.

The download has that typical Sound Liaison sound, deep black background and a vivid representation of the instruments,lush sounding room sound but without going over the top, as I find some audiophile recordings tend to do.

The label are giving away free tracks at the moment of this album and the now well known and often bespoken ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' from Carmen Gomes.

Highly recommended.

This is the link for the free tracks:

FREE TRACKS

FREE%20SAMPLES%20300%20shadow%20v2.pngAndre%20300%20met%20schaduw%20320_300.png

• 1 month later...
I still think that the Sound Liaison recordings are the best to be had at the moment.

I have all the downloads from this little label and just a couple of days ago bought the latest, the

''After Silence'' by master trumpet player Andre Heuvelman.

It a stunningly beautiful album. These musicians dares to play with a deeply felt emotion.

The download has that typical Sound Liaison sound, deep black background and a vivid representation of the instruments,lush sounding room sound but without going over the top, as I find some audiophile recordings tend to do.

The label are giving away free tracks at the moment of this album and the now well known and often bespoken ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' from Carmen Gomes.

Highly recommended.

This is the link for the free tracks:

FREE TRACKS

FREE%20SAMPLES%20300%20shadow%20v2.pngAndre%20300%20met%20schaduw%20320_300.png

Very good indeed, you tube links for those of you who might be curious:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The 24/96 version of Gregory Porter - Liquid Spirit. Sounds AWESOME on my system, probably the best-mastered album in my collection other than some of my audiophile CD's.

I like that album too. Some people complain about too much compression. I tend to agree that maybe it is a bit much at times.

But on the other hand I have played the album many many times this year as much as the Carmen Gomes album mentioned above, where the use of compression is noticeable less.

see Dynamic Range Database;

[TABLE=class: table table-bordered table-striped, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Gregory Porter[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Liquid Spirit [HDtracks 24-bit 96 kHz][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]2013[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]lossless[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Download[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

compared to i.e. Carmen Gomes;

[TABLE=class: table table-bordered table-striped, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Carmen Gomes Inc.[/TD]

[TD]Thousand Shades Of Blue [24/96] (Sound Liaison download)

i

[/TD]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]lossless[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

compression or no compression this is great song and what a groove!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

testikhof has analyzed both downloads; technically After Silence is a notch above Road to Memphis

less ambient noise, but both albums have a superior SQ.

Andre Heuvelman's ''After silence'' is now at the top of my list. I find Paul Berner's ''Road to Memphis'' almost as good in terms of sq. Both downloads have a unique sense of depth, placement and separation of the instruments but with a sound that gels.

I think I used to have Paul Berner as my reference but Testikhoff's insistence on After Silence has had a bit of influence on my judgment:)

Both downloads are on sale as we speak for $11; Sound Liaison Music Shop;

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, HIFI said:

Available in vinyl and every high Rez format

Stemila (The Coal Train) is a speaker manufactures favorite demo.

0E3CF98E-BFA1-4A58-B79C-7D32867CEAD6.png

I thought the original format was 16 bit? Great sounding 16 bit indeed.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, Milan said:

Still need testikhof to have a go at the ''One Mic'' recordings from the same label, but anyway the whole catalogue is on a 20% sale at the moment. https://www.soundliaison.com/

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These albums shows the great variety but superb musician ship of the labels output. SQ is unsurpassed.

Yes, but don't forget to fill in the coupon code; RAINBOWS