IGNORED

Come in TedB (with the piano Avatar)

Hi Ted.

Wap here.

I noticed a few recent posts by you on JRiver concerning Surround .iso playback

It's quite a few months since I looked at this. Meanwhile my Mytek 8x192 is gathering dust..

Where are we at with all this Ted? (Or anybody else for that matter) Any news on the Mytek USB interface or even "Emotion"..?

Cheers

Wap

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Ted, is all this multichannel DSD stuff just a complete hoax?

I'm starting to wonder

Cheers

Wap.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

• 2 months later...

I just found this. A PM would have worked way better. :)

Several players (like J River and Audirvana) are going to do multichannel, but its not the player that is the hurdle, it's both hardware and driver software (as you know). I am going to try using DoP version 1.1 and 3 stacked Mytek Stereo 192 DACs (with a firewire hub) as per Michal. It will likely be after the holidays.

I just found this. A PM would have worked way better. :)

Several players (like J River and Audirvana) are going to do multichannel, but its not the player that is the hurdle, it's both hardware and driver software (as you know). I am going to try using DoP version 1.1 and 3 stacked Mytek Stereo 192 DACs (with a firewire hub) as per Michal. It will likely be after the holidays.

Heh, just shows you what different points of view will do - when you said "after the holidays," the first thing through my mind was "Yom Kippur? That's already over."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.