IGNORED

mog and spotify reception problems

i have been having reception and "skipping" problems on both MOG and SPOTIFY for the last week or so(last 2 weeks in june 2012) i just get bs type ans especially from MOG is anyone else had these problems??

initially it was static hisses and crackles in all my speakers-i changed the input on avr cleaned the digital spdif out from my pc then it magically went away what DIDNT go away was the "skipping" during a song the sound dropped out for a nanosecond no music then the song continued that has not gone away-some songs it happens repeatedly others not at all

that coupled with the MOG player just stopping and one has to get up(OMG) from one's listening chair and restart the queue( this has happened since day one of MOG for me-a few songs then it stops or sometimes it plays for 1/2 hr or longer before it stops and buffers and i have to reset it)

asking MOG is like talking to a box of rocks- ihave changed browsers ihave downloaded the newest version of flashplayer then downloaded older versions of flash player this happens both the skipping and total stoppage in play all all three browsers i use ie,firefox and goggle chrome

NO ONE on the MOG blogs or forums complains or says anything about these issues

AM I crazy or is there something wrong with my internet carrier tw high speed roadrunner broadband my digital spdif cable monster cable highest grade but many years old now or my avr also many years old(to note i donot have any of these problems listening to dvd-a's sacd's or plain cd's via my universal changer in either digital or analogue multichannel nor do i have the problem listening to my hd tv monitor via settop tw hd box with sound routed via my avr and their respective inputs)

IS ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS??-i can sort of putup with the music stoppage rebuffering and having to rest the music but the pausing/skipping in middle of songs is downwright aggrevating and its happening on both MOG and SPOTIFY and NEVER on PANDORA thanks bobmd [email protected]

i have been having reception and "skipping" problems on both MOG and SPOTIFY for the last week or so(last 2 weeks in june 2012) i just get bs type ans especially from MOG is anyone else had these problems??

initially it was static hisses and crackles in all my speakers-i changed the input on avr cleaned the digital spdif out from my pc then it magically went away what DIDNT go away was the "skipping" during a song the sound dropped out for a nanosecond no music then the song continued that has not gone away-some songs it happens repeatedly others not at all

that coupled with the MOG player just stopping and one has to get up(OMG) from one's listening chair and restart the queue( this has happened since day one of MOG for me-a few songs then it stops or sometimes it plays for 1/2 hr or longer before it stops and buffers and i have to reset it)

asking MOG is like talking to a box of rocks- ihave changed browsers ihave downloaded the newest version of flashplayer then downloaded older versions of flash player this happens both the skipping and total stoppage in play all all three browsers i use ie,firefox and goggle chrome

NO ONE on the MOG blogs or forums complains or says anything about these issues

AM I crazy or is there something wrong with my internet carrier tw high speed roadrunner broadband my digital spdif cable monster cable highest grade but many years old now or my avr also many years old(to note i donot have any of these problems listening to dvd-a's sacd's or plain cd's via my universal changer in either digital or analogue multichannel nor do i have the problem listening to my hd tv monitor via settop tw hd box with sound routed via my avr and their respective inputs)

IS ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS??-i can sort of putup with the music stoppage rebuffering and having to rest the music but the pausing/skipping in middle of songs is downwright aggrevating and its happening on both MOG and SPOTIFY and NEVER on PANDORA thanks bobmd [email protected]

First thing I would be considering is your internet provider. Pandora streams at a much lower Bitrate than Spotify and MOG.

No electron left behind.

A couple things.

Use the desktop app for MOG. It's much better than the browser version.

Measure the speed of your connection. I forget the sites, but there are speed measuring sites available (free).

Does this happen all the time, or are you doing other things on your computer when it happens? I have no problems with mine except when doing other things on the pc.

Are you hooked up wirelessly, if so, try a cabled connection.

-Chris

I get problems with MOG during peak traffic times. I'm at the end of the DSL line. Sometimes streaming thru my iphone has fewer dropouts than my DSL connection.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

I get problems with MOG during peak traffic times. I'm at the end of the DSL line. Sometimes streaming thru my iphone has fewer dropouts than my DSL connection.

That's odd. A DSL claim is that they are better than cable because their lines are independent, IOW it doesn't matter who else is using their system.

-Chris

That's odd. A DSL claim is that they are better than cable because their lines are independent, IOW it doesn't matter who else is using their system.

-Chris

Nevertheless, I work evenings and can come home and listen after midnight with no drop outs. On Sunday afternoon, it is almost unlistenable.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

Nevertheless, I work evenings and can come home and listen after midnight with no drop outs. On Sunday afternoon, it is almost unlistenable.

I don't doubt you, I'm just wondering what's going on. Are the DSL people lying? Is there some other reason? Could there be a problem at the MOG end if they get overloaded? I'll have to try listening Sundays. Have you ever measured your general download/upload times on those occasions?

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

thanks-time warner was just here-new updated router upgraded to uberfast roadrunner broadband and new cable amplipher

the buffering problem is gone the skipping problem is gone BUT the static problem and sound quality is still there! it is not my av receiver i changed inputs(spdif digital in) could it be a short in the pc's digital out?? am using monster cable highest quality interconnect/or is it RAM on my 10+yearold hp media center pc with windows xp 2.13 GHz 2GB RAM but remember i didnt have this static &"poorer" sound quality until 2weeksago and it happens on MOG spotify and pandorsa/is it the music providers problem ie the streaming itself?? thanks look forward to your reply bobbmd i am well aware that pandora bit rate is significantly less than spotify and MOG bobbmd

no difference with the desktop app or internet connection

brand new uber fast roadrunner broadband speed is 40+ new cable amp new router

i am hard wired to cable connection

the buffer problem and skipping problem are gone

the static and sound quality problems are still there this was not present 2 weeks ago happens on MOG spotify and pandora

i am not running any thing else when i listen to music

i do you think its the streaming service OR is it my 10+yearold hp media center windows xp with 2.13GHz 2GB RAM and if so could it just suddenly go south OR could it be a short inspdif dital out on the pc/its ok if just tell me to get a new 21st century pc!! the static and sound quality problems do not occur when listening to cable hd tv or cd's/sacd's/dvd-a's thanks bobbmd

I think it's probably something to do with your pc. Do you have analog outs? Try them to see if the noise occurs there, try the headphone out if you have that. I'm guessing you don't have a usb dac, but if you do you should definitely try that.

-Chris

you are not going to believe this- the static is gone the sound quality is back 325 or whatever kbps and the sound seems to be "louder" -40 dB is almost too loud,the music stops occasionally and i have to go to the next song in the queue but no static hisses no songs starting/stopping am using the MOG app it now appears its not my ancient pc could it be that it took 24hours for that new timewarner amp/router and uberfast roadrunner to need "breakin" time?! or was something going onwith mog and spotify?

in any event thank y'all for you suggestions