IGNORED

MOG - Google browser on Lion OS fantastic!

Hi All,

MOG has recently come to Australia and I am the kid in the proverbial candy store!

I have a dedicated MacMini 2011 with minimal apps on Lion OS.

With both MOG via MOG Desktop for Apple and MOG via Safari I had great sound, but lots of frustration with pauses and occasional hangs when loading tracks - typically when in a playlist. Albums were OK.

Then... I tried MOG via Google browser. Fantastic. Stable and fast track changes with no hangs.

I would be interested what other MOG users have found as I am still experimenting.

Overall, I am very, very impressed with the sound and the catalogue.

Cheers,

Dave

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

I have been using their stand-alone app, which looks like something built on Apple's Web-kit. I find it glitchy. Are you saying GoogleChrome gets around those problems? I'll give it a try.

I find their playlist thing very non-intuitive, but overall we've had it for a month and I haven't pulled the plug on it like I did a year ago.

Yes, I found the Mac standalone desktop app very, very glitchy. Maybe a bit better using Safari. But to my surprise, using Chrome is smooth - even when I tried to "break it" buy skipping tracks, flicking around the play queue etc. The tracks just load without the extended pause I was experiencing with the desktop app. Very weird....

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

• 2 weeks later...

hi see my july 13th or 14th questions and cris's replys-you meanto say you have had no problems with repeated buffering and having to reset you queue and in last two weeks no sudden loss of sound quality static and songs stopping in mid song for a naosecond then playing on? i had your probs with google chrome internet exploer and firefox-by upgrading to an uberfast broadband connection new cable amp and using the MOG app and downgrading to previous version of flashplayer ie from 11 to 10.... all probs except the music stopping after 1/2 hr or so and i have to hit next song button

i agree with you the sound quality is great the quantity of albums is great and i wont have to rerip my 600+ cdsto media center ot mediamonkey-only regret is no hd/sacd/dvd-a forbes(us business mag said why bother ever buying a cd or downloading anything from itunes and paying .99 cent for A song or 9.99$ fro an album its all there at yourfinger tips bobbmd [email protected]