IGNORED

HDTracks: What's Going On 24/96

Right. But maybe the conclusion is that energy beyond 22 kHz, and resolution beyond 16 bits doesn't matter?

Yes, but no one is offering that download based on this digital transcription. It's pretty clear they made a serious attempt to get the best digital transcription they could of the original analogue master. If there was a redbook version available to download, I'd probably get that - as I understand there isn't actual high res material on the original tapes. But I like that they made a serious hi-res transfer of the original.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yes, but no one is offering that download based on this digital transcription. It's pretty clear they made a serious attempt to get the best digital transcription they could of the original analogue master. If there was a redbook version available to download, I'd probably get that - as I understand there isn't actual high res material on the original tapes. But I like that they made a serious hi-res transfer of the original.

That is something I can agree with - I am all for trying to get the best possible transcriptions of original master tapes. It's when the merchants start arguing that the "hi-res" format makes the recordings superior that it gets a bit iffy.

• 2 weeks later...
I have found this: Upsampled FLAC 24Bit 96kHz | Hifitrack.com

Seems like some have decided at least to show their colors...

I had a look through some of the upsampled albums on offer. I was particularly intrigued by 'Donald Cheung Sings Ladies' Songs II'. This one looks and sounds like a real killer! I thought the price wqas rather steep at $160 but I guess you can't put a price on quality like this. I then noticed it was Hong Kong dollars so it will cost around £13. Still too much ... They should pay me £13 to listen to that! (LOL)