IGNORED

Best Coast and Beach House

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the HDTracks Best Coast high res - sounds fantastic to me. Beech House ain't really my cup of tea so can't comment...

exaSound PlayPoint DM MkII with Uptone Audio JS-2 power supply; Horn Shoppe The Truth preamp; Coincident Frankenstein MkII mono blocs (mid/tweeter) and Dragon 211b mono blocs (woofers); Coincident Pure Reference Extreme MkII loudspeakers; Coincident cabling throughout...Analogue: Jean Nantais Ultimate Lenco turntable with Durand Kairos arm, Benz-Micro LPS cartridge; Coincident Statement phono stage

I downloaded the HDTracks Best Coast high res - sounds fantastic to me. Beech House ain't really my cup of tea so can't comment...

I also downloaded the Best Coast 24/96 from HD Tracks and find the sound quality is quite good.

Musically speaking, I find the album a bit disappointing, but good sound quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked 'em both up on good ol'CD recently and am really digging the Beach House album...very atmospheric. I like the Best Coast album better than their first.

Bill

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Mac Mini->Roon + Tidal->KEF LS50W

I would recommend Beach House's previous album (Teen Dream) to anyone who likes the current release. I've only heard a track or two from the new album, but it reminds me of their last one, which is quite good. Good sound quality, too.

JRMC 17 > CAPS v2 +/- > Wavelength USBtoSPDIF > Metrum DAC > Simaudio amp > Dynaudio spkrs