IGNORED

Wadia 121 setup, JRiver, Parallels problem

Alkan

First things first: I live in Brazil and I'he researching to setup a from ground CA system and I am inclined to go to C.A.P.S.2 and JRiver, so I am testing JRiver for almost 40 days on my iMac through Parallels running Win7 32.

Yesterday my Wadia and my Cardas USB Clear arrived.

Like a child, as usual, I proceed the installation following all instructions, configure Audio in JRiver to Wadia USB Audio ASIO driver, but (every time have a but) when I tried, several times, to play audio (FLAC, WAV, several resolutions...) Windows quitted and Paralles report that a 'Fatal error ocurred in the virtual machine "Windows 7 32bit"'.

I tried Pure Music and it works with no problem, detecting the right sampling rate.

Needing help.

Dalton

"Si vous avez compris, vous avez sûrement tort." (Lacan)

First things first: I live in Brazil and I'he researching to setup a from ground CA system and I am inclined to go to C.A.P.S.2 and JRiver, so I am testing JRiver for almost 40 days on my iMac through Parallels running Win7 32.

Yesterday my Wadia and my Cardas USB Clear arrived.

Like a child, as usual, I proceed the installation following all instructions, configure Audio in JRiver to Wadia USB Audio ASIO driver, but (every time have a but) when I tried, several times, to play audio (FLAC, WAV, several resolutions...) Windows quitted and Paralles report that a 'Fatal error ocurred in the virtual machine "Windows 7 32bit"'.

I tried Pure Music and it works with no problem, detecting the right sampling rate.

Needing help.

My guess is that you are not going to get output to work using windows inside Parallels. You will either need to use MAc OSX or Windows, but not both at the same time.

No electron left behind.

My guess is that you are not going to get output to work using windows inside Parallels. You will either need to use MAc OSX or Windows, but not both at the same time.

AudioDoctor, when I turned DAC on, I had te choice to connect to OS or Win and I choose Win. As I am a NB, dunno if this way I was using only Windows or I need to do something else.

Dalton

AudioDoctor, when I turned DAC on, I had te choice to connect to OS or Win and I choose Win. As I am a NB, dunno if this way I was using only Windows or I need to do something else.

Hi alkan - Audio output through Parallels is a disaster. You will need to use either Mac OS X or Boot Camp and Windows. Using Boot Camp for Windows works great.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi alkan - Audio output through Parallels is a disaster.

Hi Chris. I will buy a C.A.P.S.2 from Small Green to run JRiver (that I think is fantastic, specially Tag management and customization). Until there I will follow your advice to run Windows using Bootcamp. Thanks.

Dalton

As soon as I have Boot Camp / Windows 7 / JRiver / Wadia configured, I will post results.

Dalton

Hi alkan - Audio output through Parallels is a disaster. You will need to use either Mac OS X or Boot Camp and Windows. Using Boot Camp for Windows works great.

Chris, that's the way!

I preferred to use Parallels in this inicial time because I don't need to "leave" OSX, but for audiophile puporse it doesn't work.

I made installations and am running flawless JRiver with my Wadia 121 (that is "burning").

Now I will test tags when rip CDs with dBpoweramp and import those ripped files to JRiver.

Thanks.

Dalton

Chris, that's the way!

I preferred to use Parallels in this inicial time because I don't need to "leave" OSX, but for audiophile puporse it doesn't work.

I made installations and am running flawless JRiver with my Wadia 121 (that is "burning").

Now I will test tags when rip CDs with dBpoweramp and import those ripped files to JRiver.

Thanks.

Great to hear things are going well Alkan.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png