IGNORED

Article: PJ20, Upcoming Reviews, Product News, RMAF 2011, and a CA Site Update

Thanks for the update, and I am really glad the site is doing so well. Something tells me this may just be the tip of the iceberg though...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Chris,<br />

I also just got back from PJ20 and I was really stoked to see your coverage of Pearl Jam's anniversary shows. I hope you had a chance to check everything out, including the museum. I was going to post a request for you to review the newly-remastered PJ reissues that were released earlier this year. Given the band's affinity for vinyl, I was curious to find out if they were careful to avoid compressing the daylights out of the final mixes. I would love to see a 24/192 release of their next album ala Tom Petty.<br />

As a side note, I sat in front of the soundboard/FOH mixing booth on Sunday. I noticed what appeared to be several mics that seemed to be for room correction. I thought it was interesting to see this used at such a large venue. There are some interesting online articles about Pearl Jam's touring setups over at mix magazines website archives. Also, a nice recording of the first show is up on dimeadozen.org. Your readers might be interested in this site as it specifically hosts shows by bands that allow taping and sharing of their performances. There are some amazing shows there that span all genres of music.

Chris,<br />

<br />

I would second your approach of not taking a royalty personally, but how about designating "1%" as a donation to a music program in the twin cities. Something that gets young people into music?<br />

<br />

Ray

Ray[br]Viola Player| Parasound HP-850, Acurus A100, Technics SL-M3, Velodyne SPL-II, Mirage Omni 250, Musical Fidelity V-DAC

Chris,<br />

<br />

I would love you give your advice on network music servers such as Naim NDX, Cambridge NP70, Marantz 7004 and/or Yamaha NP-S2000<br />

<br />

Thanks - Gilles

Pioneer N-30>Sonic Frontiers Ultrajitterbug>AudioNote DAC1>Conrad Jonhson Premier 14>AudioNote Conqueror>Cabasse Egea 500

Chris,<br />

<br />

As you move forward with these upcoming reviews, I hope you will consider the suggestion for review content I made in this post:<br />

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blown-tweeters#comment-91192<br />

<br />

Thanks,<br />

<br />

Bill[br]Theta Miles (balanced) > Pass Aleph 5 > Von Schweikert VR-4 (main)[br]Theta Miles (unbalanced) > Adcom GFA555 > Von Schweikert VR-4 (bass)

Congratulations for the success of CA! Particularly, in terms of number of readers and server/bandwith upgrade.<br />

<br />

May I suggest an addition to the review list? It would be very nice a full review of the new Mytek Stereo DSD-192 dac, which is both, usb and firewire.<br />

<br />

Cheers,<br />

<br />

Jorge Zahr

• 1 month later...