IGNORED

Article: Grammy Winning Engineer Bill Schnee Talks To Computer Audiophile, Part 1

Grammy Wining? Damm American spelling ;-)<br />

<br />

Thanks for the interview. Eagerly await the next instalment.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Since I was 10 years old, I have been chasing high quality sound for all my favorite music. I see this as the turning point, where i can enjoy the best of sound, music and convience. I am really looking forward to it all. It sometimes makes me sick that my best friends listen to compressed mp3 music on ipods with apple's headphone. I feel they are missing so much of what the original music has to offer, they might as well just play white noise and hum to that....<br />

<br />

Thanks Chris!

Music after life

and can say it was a startling revelation as to how good a recorded piano could sound. They were using your server, Berkeley DAC, Andrew's TAD 1's and Pass Labs amps. Wow!<br />

<br />

I then got a chance to speak with Bill for 5-10 minutes and knew I had to stay close to this man's work, and this exciting new venture. <br />

<br />

I'm gonna bet that Bravura distributes via DVD-Rom, but whatever the medium...I'm there. :)

what I am wondering, is what musicians will be able to take advantage of this process? With his own record company, will he also be willing to record musicians under contract to another company, or will releases using this process only be on his own label, and therefore restricted to musicians under contract to Bravura?<br />

There are some folks out there able to deliver in a live recording environment (Shelby Lynne comes immediately to mind), it would be really cool for Bill's studio, process, and expertise to be available for their recording.<br />

In any case, kudos to Bill Schnee for having the insight and drive to make this happen. I sincerely wish him the best with it.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Thanks Chris for this great interview and thanks to Bill for his incredible recordings. I to this day cannot listen to just one song off Gaucho or Aja, or for that matter any truly great recording. Once I start listening I am practically held captive by the music. And though my kids have their iPOds and usually buy one song at a time I have introduced them to the joy of listening to entire recordings as well. We will sit on the couch and listen all the way through a Diana Krall or Steely Dan album and they love it. Many thanks to Bill for bucking the trend of mediocrity and "making his footprint". I look forward to becoming immersed in his high res recordings, from start to finish, for many years to come.

RMS

Interesting. Were you able to find out what speakers Bill is using currently. I read that Al Schmitt still likes his old Tannoy's modified by the Mastering Lab (Doug Sax) some thirty years ago. Doug Sax uses ATC since about ten years. Anyway just curious as to what the "Golden Ears" prefer to listen to?

Having been an NPR station manager and classical recording engineer for many years, I always used modified Acoustat Xs (electrostatics)with the built in tube amps. I also like ATCs. Their tri-amped models are some of the best (if not the best, studio monitors every built. I proved the benefits of tri-amping in a Focal Utopia CAR SYSTEM! Everyone who heard it remarked that it just might be the best sound (not just auto sound) they had ever heard. ATCs are not cheap and they are difficult to find in this country, but well worth a listen just to give you a benchmark.

I read an article in 2007 saying Schnee Studio uses Altec 604 with the Mastering Labs crossover. I do not know if that has changed or not.<br />

<br />

On Facebook, the band Whisper in the roar shows a video made this year at Schnee Studio and you can see Altec 604 on the wall.<br />

<br />

Quoc

• 3 weeks later...

when it comes to <a href="http://www.rip-blu-ray-copy.com/guides/how-to-rip-blu-ray-discs.html'>http://www.rip-blu-ray-copy.com/guides/how-to-rip-blu-ray-discs.html">how to rip blu ray</a>, we can use a <a href="http://www.rip-blu-ray-copy.com ">blu ray ripper</a>to help us , it can tell us to how to rip blu ray or <a href="http://www.rip-blu-ray-copy.com/resources/blu-ray-rippen.html">blu ray rippen</a> step by step.

• 1 year later...

Are brilliant. They do passive ones as well, which are also good. Made in an old building, that used to be a brewery or something, by proper guys in brown warehouse coats. All the PC boards are made by hand, and they use the same circuitry in their plain looking power amp. Good components, but not this '100 dollars a capacitor' stuff.<br />

<br />

I'm in the UK. They are difficult to find here too. I bought Tannoys instead. They are also big in pro audio. Also old war films with airfields. Mine keep saying "Scramble" all the time.