IGNORED

Article: M2Tech hiFace Asynchronous USB To S/PDIF Converter Review

Two more informations:<br />

<br />

The clock of my measured HiFace has a accuracy of – 6.8 ppm, so from this point of view, every analog PLL and even VCXO will lock in. This could not be the problem.<br />

<br />

And by the way, the status bit of the Bel Canto USB 24/96 Link is always sending 44.1 kHz, no matter what sample rate is really on the output.<br />

<br />

The same with every Burr Brown TI 16/48 USB interface. There sending all time a 44.1 kHz status bit, no matter what sample rate is really on.<br />

<br />

Juergen<br />

• 3 months later...

Good morning Chris,<br />

I’d like to have your opinion about the usb/spdif interfaces performances. <br />

I have a Lenovo laptop running with Jriver in direct streaming a Hiface M2tech, a XLO digital cable to a counterpoint da10 converter upgraded with Mike Elliot “Rapture daccard” (Altavista audio).<br />

I realised that my Mark Levinson 37 transport linked through spdif to the converter is more transparent than the PC/hiface combination.<br />

In your experiences did you find an interface actually as transparent as a good transport connected through his spdif output ?<br />

Stefano<br />

<br />

But the Wavelink is the first interface which I have tried to equal/beat a very good CD transport into the same DAC via the same SPDIF cable/input.<br />

Hard/soft-ware shown below.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 months later...