IGNORED

IsoMike Recordings

I received a neat and unexpected surprise last week - someone sent me some really cool CD's. They have CD Stereo, SACD Stereo, and SACD 4-Channel recording on them, the label says DSD, and were recorded by or with something called IsoMike.

They sound really good!

Victor Uzur - Solo Cello

The Fry Street Quartet - Joseph Hayden (Several string quartets, including D Minor Opus 9. (One of my favorites.)

Joe MqQueen and Friends - Ten at 86o.

Anyone heard of these and know if there are more releases of this kind of quality?

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

They are a project by cable pioneer, Ray Kimber. He uses a process called ISomike to record in pure DSD, and often demos these recordings at RMAF and CES (with incredible surround setups consisting of multiple EMM DACs, multiple stacks of Pass amplifiers, and for the past couple of years multiple pairs of the new incredible Sony AR-1 floor standers...prior years things like B&W 800's or even Tom Caulfield's massive Soundlabs).

Isomike refers to a process where Ray has created a four pronged baffle (looks like an "X") with each of the 4 microphones then "ISO"lated from each other, creating a more realistic surround presentation.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ray, speaking with him and his team, and, of course, hearing most of them, (I own many of them, and have several signed by the artists...latest being this year at RMAF I had Victor Uzur sign his SACD, Solo Cello, and then last year Robert Silverman signed my Mozart piano sonata box set of 4 SACD's). Ray really puts on quite a show, and his recordings show the meticulous nature with which he and his team go after these..whether they are marching bands or solo cellos.

Ray and the Super Audio Center folks (Gus Skinas, etc) usually record at Weber State Univ in Utah, and much of what is collected during the sale of Isomike recordings goes to the University's music program.

I loaned a ripped copy of my "Ten at 86" DSD files to Joe at JPS Labs during this years CES (JPS Labs, Usher, etc) and he and the customers loved it!!

I'd be more than happy to rip your Isomike SACD's to DSD. Doesn't take but 20 min or so of work per disc. PM me if ya want. The ones you own I likely already have ripped and extracted anyway (i.e no pirating, no freebies).