IGNORED

jimi hendrix best recording

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think that you should get almost (I can't say all, because he has done so much), but I bought that CD after the LP (I had a long time ago)...

But beware... There are so many "Greatest Hits", "Encore of Greatest Hits" and "Gold hits" nowadays that it semms endless, but in the end it is mostly the same, with a different order of presentation, remastered without adding much... The best I could suggest is for you to go on Amazon.com and check the different mp3s that could allow you at least to hear what's on a CD ?

Regards,

Alain

Alain

Either one of the hits cds that Alain mentioned, or Electric Ladyland, which I like the best of his basic cds. I think the "Ultimate Experience" is a good hits cd if I remember correctly. A good place to check out stuff like this is on www.allmusic.com. They have reviews of pretty much all well known albums plus many others and they have good discographies and bio info. You won't believe how many albums they have listed under compilations.

-Chris

Get the later remasters-done with Hendrix family approval after they got control of the material - those are the good sounding ones.

"Are you Experienced" remaster from 1997 - sounds great, and has bonus tracks - tracks that were on the British version of the Album and not on the original American one. (The American and British versions each had several songs that were on one version and not on the other in the original 60's release).

Electric Ladyland. Most of the stuff here is genius. Just one or two clunkers on a (at the time) double album.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)