IGNORED

Foobar SACD Plugin > Mytek Stereo 192-DSD DAC

I installed dll as instructed

foo_input_sacd.dll in the component folder

and registered

foo_dsd_asio.dll

foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll

But I do not see ASIO submenu under Output.

I am running Win 7 64 bit and foobar is 1.1.11.

Please help to get ASIO submenu. Do I need other dll ?

PJO

pjomaestro, under Preferences>Playback>Output do you see any ASIO devices available for selection? If not, you do not have the foobar ASIO component properly installed. Once you get that working the rest should start to fall in place.

Thanks smazur,

I do not see it so I installed the zip which contains the two dll,

foo_dsd_assip.dll and foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll

After installing the component is displayed for unknown name. I cannot change it.

Then

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll

Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

Can you upload the working dlls to file sharing site ?

PJO

Dont place any ASIO files in th Foobar components folder, but leave the foo_input_sacd dll in there. Put them one level up in the root of the Foobar app. Open up a command window/shell and execute the command "regsvr32 foo_dsd_asio.dll" (No quotes) after you have navigated to where the asio DLL's are, as per the readme file:

"Register foo_dsd_asio.dll proxy (regsvr32 foo_dsd_asio.dll). If you run Windows x64 register foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll too. You need to be logged under administrative account."

If you fail to register the ASIO proxy DLL's nothing will work properly. If you move the files unregister them first (Same command but with /U at the end) and then re register them.

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

Eman24, Thanks for your advise.

I changed ASIO support to 2.1.1 and now I see ASIO submenue under OUTPUT !

But I still get

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsd_asio.dll

Reason: Entry point not found, DLL doesn't appear to be a foobar2000 component.

DSD files are played at 2.8MHz but there is no sounnd.

pjomaestro - In order for the foo_dsd_asio.dll to load, the .dll must be registered to the foobar root folder, not the components folder. For instance: C:Program Filesfoobar2000. (or Program Files(x86)foobar2000 if you have a 64 bit operating system and the foobar folder is installed therein) If you have a 64 bit operating system you would need to register foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll.

If you've done all that and the .dll isn't loading, you might have to unregister the .dll first before re-registering the .dll in the proper folder. That's my understanding based on the advice others have given above?

I registered foo_dsd_asio.dll only on my 32 bit system and everything seems to be working fine. I assume you would only need to register foo_dsd_asio_x64.dll on a 64 bit system, but I could be wrong. Just make sure you don't have the .dll in the component folder.

Yes, I also have the .dll registered to the same folder where foobar2000 .exe is located.

Good luck.

In the COMPONENTS window, I click install to install foo_dsd_asio.dll by pointing to foo_input_sacd-0.5.1.zip.

This action shows up foo_dsd_asio in COMPONENTS window but it says (component not loaded). How do I correctly install this dDLL in COMPONETS window ? That DLL and x64 DLL are registered in advance.

Do I need to install x64 DLL too ? How do I do that ? X64 DLL is included in that zip.

PJO

of Foobar. Just put one file in the components directory and the two asio drivers in the parent directory and register the libraries. Nothing more needs to be done. Make sure there are no asio dlls in the component directory otherwise Foobar will attempt to load them and will give you a message.

"This action shows up foo_dsd_asio in COMPONENTS window". This is not a component DLL it is a driver used by the component **do not ** put it in or install it into the component folder. All that does is stop plugins from loading properly.

Dont use the installer routines built into Foobar. Manually install as above.

firmware 1.4.2.2 from Mytek, select ASIO USB PAL Driver (does not work with Firewire) and either packing scheme from the dsd_asio dialog combo boxes. Keep amp at low volume while testing. This is not a stable setup in my experience. You may need to exit and restart Foobar after any setting changes. If you have large DSD or ISO libraries these can cause crashes and instability when Foobar is scanning files, in which case disable library folders. Experiment with the ASIO 64 library check option on the ASIO driver page (Again exit and restart Foobar). There is some suggestion now that 64 bit Windows is a barrier to DSD playback using the USB drivers although I have been able to do this using this plugin.

Hi PJO,

just double-click the second entry (foo_dsd_asio) in the upper box.

It may not work the first time you try it, so be patient, and eventually try a second (or third) time.

There should be a small window coming to front, where you can select the desired DSD playback mode (see ataached picture).

If all ist set up correctly, you should be able to stream native DSD to the mytek then.

Good luck!

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II