IGNORED

Any Phish-heads?

I like Trey Anastasio's solo album Trey Anastasio and Phish Farmhouse. Farmhouse is more laid back than some of their overly frenetic material.

Also check out http://livephish.com/ which features hi-res 24/48 downloads.

They do a great version of 2001 - a Space Oddessy live. For example in the 2010 10/30 Atlantic City show. This show also features some really bad Led Zeppelin covers. Also the tracks Kill Devil Falls is a favorite.

+1 for livephish.com.

I've been a fan since 1994. Attended many concerts but never "toured" so I don't know if I qualify as a Head or not.

If you like "Wading In the Velvet Sea", the studio album that track is from is The Story of the Ghost (1998). The rest of the album has a similar sound so it would be a safe place to start. I'm sure you can find it cheap on Amazon and elsewhere.

Another "accessible" album to try is Billie Breathes. The title track and "Bliss" are lovely and have some treble and bass that test the capabilities of my system.

Their older stuff can be a little quirky lyric-wise, but if you can adjust to that there are some great guitar riffs and jams that are enjoyable and fun. "You Enjoy Myself" or "Esther" from Junta and countless live shows are 2 of my favorites.

Phish is known for their live performances, but I really enjoy the studio albums. They sound well recorded/engineered compared to most of the pop music today. The even have a kind of concept album, "Rift."

If you want to dip your toes into the live stuff, "Slip Stitch and Pass" is a safe bet. It's a single disc so the time constraints keep the mindless guitar noodling to a minimum :)

I don't know that I'd call myself a Phish-head. I used to listen to them a lot, and have seen them in concert a couple of times. I would recommend, Slip, Stitch & Pass. This is live concert, their second release of a live concert after "A Live One" which I also love. I like Slip, Stitch and Pass better though. There is some great music there. Farmhouse is great, also Billy Breathes. Trey's self titled solo album can still be picked up on DVD-A, and I think it sounds fantastic.

Some of their stuff is too far out there for me, but they are really creative, and fantastic musicians. And I have to tell you, the concert experience was incredible. They have great fans.

Tim

MacBook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Audez\'e LCD-2[br]Macbook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Emotiva UPA-2 -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1\'s

I am not as stodgy as I may appear in print. I'd have to struggle counting the number of Dead shows I have been to on the West Coast, not an easy task for someone in the Midwest. Seeing Phish in Eugene Or. blew any GD/J Garcia show that I had seen out of the water. It was truly psychedelic.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I wouldn't go that far, but Birkenstocks aren't out of the question. No offense intended about the Dead, but Phish really did put on a great show!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I have all of their studio stuff as well as most of the live shows out on cd and dvd.

Be sure and check out "Rift", "Farmhouse" and "Hampton Comes Alive".

Most of their stuff is pretty good, although sometimes I have to be in the mood to listen to it...but I dont mean that in a bad way...LOL.