IGNORED

Speaker of the future?

I thought, I would share this video with all of you. It has not the intention of being an audiophile review, but it gives us something to think about when the statement is made that speakers did not evolve over the past 80 years ...

Trappistmonk

Macbook Pro (summer '12) - iTunes - $4 optical cable - Bel Canto C5i - Zu Audio Libtec - Joseph Audio RM22XL

wondering why, eight years later (a millenium in this industry) we don't see this technology anywhere. ? I don't go to Safeway (I'm in the midwest) but have not experienced his examples anywhere, automobile or grocery store, etc.

You are absolutely right ... there are only prototypes out there: http://www.gizmag.com/directed-audio-with-klang-ultrasonic-speaker-concept/17737/

I just thought it was interesting, and I liked the concept and idea. But I am very happy with my "old technology" speakers ;-)

Trappistmonk

Macbook Pro (summer '12) - iTunes - $4 optical cable - Bel Canto C5i - Zu Audio Libtec - Joseph Audio RM22XL

The idea sounds workable and has some possibilities for fabulous playback. I take it no one is able to make it either reliable or inexpensive enough to make a product. Though I don't actually know this.

In a way, such speakers are functioning like switching class D amps.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.