IGNORED

Remote controller for PC

I listen to a lot of music in my room. My pc is on the other side of the room from where I do my listening but all my music starts from my pc. Is there any remote controller (like a tv remote kind of thing) that would allow me to change songs (just forward and backward) and play/pause music without getting up? Pretty much just need a wireless device that has a forward/backward and play/pause button. Also I play everything through foobar but I don't think that matters

Haven't used any of these devices, but there are a few such things about now.

http://www.remotecentral.com/firefly/index.html

Here is one such device. There are others just search for PC media remote on Amazon. Again I haven't used any of them. I do notice many only work with certain software usually Windows Media Player and iTunes sometimes Quicktime. So you would want to make sure it works with the software you are using which is Foobar.

Another option is something like Teamviewer which is what I use. It lets you remotely control a PC desktop. You can get it on smartphones as well. I use an Android phone sometimes to play music this way. Not quite as simple as a remote, but close enough. Free for non-commercial use and pretty easy to configure and use.

Have seen other people use wireless media oriented keyboards. These are usually a bit smaller than a full size keyboard, have a roller ball instead of mouse on them. You would need a monitor you can see and use from wherever you are using the remote at times. These often have special media player keys that let you skip forward, back and all the other normal foobar controls.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

The wireless keyboard I'm using came bundled with a wireless mouse (not a trackball) and because it's a flat (laptop style) keyboard the key surfaces are actually bigger (not smaller) than with standard, full height keys. The keyboard also weighs less than one kilogram, it has multimedia keys as well as four general purpose, special keys (all of which are programmable) and bang for the buck is absolutely stunning. The build quality will easily make it last for much more than 5 years of extreme daily use, including even hardcore gaming.

It's the predecessor of the Cherry Control XT. http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/keyboards/Office/M82_24810/index.htm

If you had the memory of a goldfish, maybe it would work.