IGNORED

Grace usb2 sample rates?

D Tilley

In playing 16/44 Apple Lossless files, from MacBook Pro 13 (Lion), I am getting good results from Grace m903 usb1, with indicated sample rate of 44.

In trying U2, I believe sample rate indicator began showing 192 on the Grace, instead of the source rate of 44.

Is this expected for the U2 setting, and could I expect U2 sound quality to equal or best the USB 1 when playing 16/44 files from CDs?

Thanks

If you select u1 mode, the SR is maxed at 96/24. The m903 will automatically switch from 96/24 down, say 88.2, 48, 44 etc by itself.

The display at 192 for every track is not right.

For u2 mode, should switch the same. I found the m903 is a little tricky to setup, but after this setup it locks very well.

To reset back to square one:

- Power off m903, remove the USB cable

- Power on until the 0.00 stay steady, power off

- Reconnect the USB cable

- Power on, set the selector to USB

- Open Audio Midi

- On the m903 menu system, find U1 mode, click on the volume selector to lock it in. Check audio Midi to make sure 96/24 is selected.

- Select u2 mode, check Audio Midi, make sure you lock in 192/24 in Audio Midi

- Exit the menu system

- The LEDs should stay on 192.

- Start playing a track, the LEDs should and do switch to the correct SR.

You'll find that provided the music players don't play up, the m903 will lock in OK on the correct SR. If the LEDs stay on 192 in U2 mode when you play a 44/16, the player is not doing it's job, or Audio midi is fouling up somewhere.

Every time you remove the USB cable, you have to go through the sequence again. If you switch the power off on the front panel it's Ok, if you remove the mains cable, I forgot, but I don't think that matters either, the settings are maintained.

u2 mode is best, I rarely change to u1 mode.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA