IGNORED

Music library interface software for use with USB to AES/EBU/SPDif converters

cjf

Hello, I am curious to know what software people are using to control their music library and playlists remotely after implementing said USB converter device between the PC and DAC?

What I am wondering is if there is software available that can control a music library by way of an installed IIS/Tomcat webpage on the hosting PC and can then be reachable on the local LAN via an Iphone/IPad? It doesn't necessarily need to be an APP but just accessible via the Safari browser built-in at worst case.

In my current setup I use a Logitech Transporter which is very convenient but it does have its limitations and can't handle anything above 24/96.

The concept of using one of these USB converters is becoming more and more viable to me as it allows the removal of yet another component in the signal chain. In addition, I like that it eliminates the need to have a PC of any kind in the listening room while still taking advantage of the benefits provided by an ASync USB connection

Thanks for any info you can provide

Teamviewer is what I use as it is very simple to set up. Also is available for Mac, Linux, Ipad/Iphone, and Android devices.

It can work two ways. It allows remote desktop operation of a PC. It does this by going through teamviewer servers. You get the remote desktop showing on whichever device you are using. Then you can control it as if you were using it.

Just slightly more involved to setup is the same process linked over your local area network and not going out on the internet and back. Still pretty simple.

This program is a lifesaver for fixing PC issues of relatives and transferring large files over the internet. I have found it quite good for computer audio use as well.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

For non-commercial use it is free. There are somewhat better ways, but this one is extremely simple to set up and use. That combined with it being available to interface across nearly all the main OS's out there make it a potent combination.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.