IGNORED

Lion Audio Midi Question

greg788

In Lion's audio midi set up there is a built in audio input. What should the following settings be:

1. Format (from anywhere from 8k to 96k, I assume 96k is what I'd want? and 2ch-24bit Interger?

2. Hardware rate converter -- do I disable it or set it to automatic?

My dac is a Wavelength Proton, which supports up to 96kHz. It is asynchronous. I'm using Pure Music and Itunes + Bit Perfect.

My computer is a 2011 Macbook Pro.

Not enough information. You need to tell folks what your audio interface is, and your DAC, how they operate (async, integer mode capable, what sample rates, etc) and what playback software you are using before anyone can provide good advice on the settings.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

. Format (from anywhere from 8k to 96k, I assume 96k is what I'd want? and 2ch-24bit Interger?

2. Hardware rate converter -- do I disable it or set it to automatic?

My dac is a Wavelength Proton, which supports up to 96kHz. It is asynchronous. I'm using Pure Music and Itunes + Bit Perfect.

OK, here is what you want to do: just set the audio output to be the built in output, and do not worry about any other settings in Audio Midi.

Then, go to Pure Music Preferences, and in audio setup, click the box which says Hog Mode. And select the Proton from the Pure Music selection. Also use strict device validation. Now Pure Music will exclusively access the Proton and control everything, and Audio Midi is out of the picture. Read the Pure Music pdf guide for more info, as you may want to use integer mode as well.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio