IGNORED

Mac Music - TDA1541A DAC

Well I'm fairly new to all of this - bear with me..

I have been using a B&O 5500 CD player with a good implementation of the highly regarded TDA 1541A DAC. This feeds a pair of active speakers via an integrated amp.

I'm now looking to move my music to my Mac and wondered what would give me a comparable sound?

I've been reading on AV forums about USB DACs / Macs - but there seem to be plenty of people dissing them and stating they all flawed due to the USB interface...

I had intended to rip my CDs to ALAC or FLAC.

I see there are various kinds of USB DAC available using the TDA chips in varying ways.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks.

I've been reading on AV forums about USB DACs / Macs - but there seem to be plenty of people dissing them and stating they all flawed due to the USB interface...

Why ?

I see there are various kinds of USB DAC available using the TDA chips in varying ways.

I could ask you : which ? Not that I really need an answer, but I don't see much how a 16 bitter is applied in the more "modern" times. Of course, if you are hooked to NOS (and why not) it is a (or some) way to go, but next wherever the complaints are (AV), they could be justified, depending on how strong your are on NOS (so to speak).

I am not sure how this is "Mac" related, but I would say few. Otherwise, why not elaborate a little on what you're told is so wrong ?

(I might agree with it ... or not - it depends)

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)