IGNORED

Disabling or unplugging a TVs internal speakers?

I hooked a 32" LCD TV that I just purchased up to my computer as a second monitor using a VGA cable. I am using my surround sound system as my audio output through my computer, so nothing is in that jack on the TV. However, I hear a constant buzzing from the TV speakers, even if the volume is at zero. When I mute the TV, the buzz disappears, but the way the TV was made, the mute icon (which is pretty big) never goes away. I tried plugging things into the audio out on the TV but the noise doesn't go away. I disabled all of my other audio devices on my computer except the one I'm using (SPDIF out, to the receiver). Looking through the TVs menus there isn't a way to turn the speakers off, so I was wondering if there's an easy way to either remedy the buzz, or disable/unplug the internal speakers.

As a side note, the brand of TV is Apex, who went out of business a year or two ago. I got this TV new off of eBay though. So, there's no customer support other than the manual, and there's no warranty to worry about if I have to open the TV up.

I'm not really too sure if this is the right forum to be asking this on, but I know there are a bunch of extremely intelligent people on here, and I don't want to join another forum just to ask one question, and then never visit it again

First off, every TV I've had in the past 10 years has had an option within it's menus to disable internal speakers: I assume you've checked all setup menus?

Second, if the TV has one, try connecting a pair of headphones to the earphone jack. If that disables internal speakers then get an mini-jack cable and leave it permanently connected.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Well sadly I don't have a headphone jack. The closest i can get is the 3.5mm for sound input for the vga port. At the moment I only have one HDMI cable, and I'm using that for my PS3 as the games look much better with it, the computer was roughly the same.

Would the best way to unplug the speakers he to just pop open the back?