IGNORED

The Naim Label web site

Has anyone tried downloading songs and albums off of the website of Naim Label (www.naimlabel.com)? Naim, as some of you know, is a British hi-fi manufacturer and audiophile record label.

If any of you have Macs, and have ever downloaded recordings off of this website, please respond. I tried to download some freebies, but nothing happened.....

is one of my fave hirez downloads (24/96), and yes it came from this label's website. I've downloaded quite a bit, actually, including most of their free stuff...but I use a Windows pc to download. It ends up on a MAC, but not the download process, sorry.

I downloaded Chase by Trichotomy a while back in 24/88.2 and think it sounds excellent. It is one of the freebies and I just checked and it's still there.

I am currently downloading another free track Wichita Lineman by Barb Jungr, it is only 24/44.1k though. So I can tell you how to do it. First under "select download format" choose the format you want, I select the highest resolution in WAV --- add to cart --- click check out -- next create a new account or sign in if you have done this already --- hit complete --- hit download music --- click Available for download on the righ hand side -- click download and it will start downloading right away --- wait for it to finish downloading and click on it in your computer's "Downloads" folder which should automatically add it to iTunes. --- Check the file which starts playing right away to confirm it is in the correct resolution, then add the missing data from the Naim website in the Info tab.

Note that WAV doesn't support album artwork in iTunes on a Mac so I covert it to Apple Lossless which is bit perfect, after conversion I again confirm that the bit rate and sample rate are correct. The artwork on the Naim site is too low in quality, either use iTunes artwork, or if it doesn't look good, do a google Image search and select Medium and look for the best looking artwork that is larger the 300X300. You can use it as is or edit it in iPhoto to make it look even better.

Hope this helps, and read over what you already know.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Though I cannot recall if I downloaded it to MAC or PC...I have it loaded on both. I wish there was more music by that singer as it is a very well recorded track.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

Thanks Teresa!

I got it to work, but it was kind of a pain in the butt to do. I ultimately had to rummage through all of my "documents" to find the files. But, they're in my iTunes via Max converter.

I downloaded both of the Trichotomy jazz downloads -- great stuff!