IGNORED

AQVOX USB power supply problems

per se, but making best use of the cable design plus power supply. I really like my (standard a-to-b) Wireworld Platinum Starlight but am interested in the clean-USB-power ideas and wondering what best to do. I first saw the dual conduit ideas, then this AQVOX one. It would be nice if AQVOX made the USB adapter umbilical a plug-in so you could order both (I'm not a soldering/splicing candidate).

I would like to post my dialog with AQVOX after I had reported the problem about it not working with my HRT Streamer II+ to them. I think it is probably an example of good customer service, not bad customer service, but Norman from AQVOX didn't seem to want me saying much before contacting the company. The problem was that I didn't actually know there was anything wrong with the AQVOX and I thought it was some kind of setup problem. For instance, if you are having problems with selecting the tape input on you preamp, you don't tend to go straight to the manufacturer, and instead you tend to ask your fellow audiophiles who own the same kit first.

So I haven't felt like saying anything publically for or against AQVOX power supplies after this exchange, but since there seems to be renewed interest in the power supplies I'd like to reproduce my exchange with Norman of AQVOX as an example of good customer service, not bad customer service. It would be all to the better if Norman posted to this site I think, and directly countered any comments that he thought were unfair. Norman and AQVOX obviously care and that is the most important thing.

Norman: I see you are active on computeraudiophile, and there is a lot of speculation going on there regarding our little power supply. Because of your comments customers might be confused now and think that it does not work with hiface and makes lots of problems, which is not true. It is a pity that you did not contacted us, the manufacturer, before, just asking what is up with your device. You see, we help. A website can not help with product fixings. If you search within computeraudiophile you find another thread with same problem, and final post comes from a satisfied customer with hiface and our USB-power http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Hiface-aqvox-usb-Low-noise-power-supply

Richard Dale - Yes, I actually found out about the power supply on another forum - Wigwam HiFi. I will certainly add another post on Computer Audiophile about what exactly the problem was with the old power supply not being returned by the dealer for replacement, and how you were very helpful in getting a new adaptor sent to me promptly. I'm actually looking forward to hearing what it sounds like of course.

Norman - I did wrote you already, there was no problem with our powersupply, the version you bought from italy is just an old model, we informed our dealers some months ago to send back old models for update - but your dealer did not send them back for update obviously. And it is not our fault that you did pay high-customs -but I would also be nerved.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot