KitchensofDistinction-Capsule_zps0e3516c3.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

TameImpala-Lonerism.jpg

easily one of the best albums of 2012...

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Patty Griffin - American Kid

RussMeyer-CherrySoundtrack_zps916c0399.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6297[/ATTACH]

I don't musk up everyday, but when I do, I prefer this:

[video=youtube;zLq2-uZd5LY]

Wait, Musicophile, was that cologne or liquor in your post????!?? :)

EditorsWeightofYourLove_zps2957cce3.jpg

Maya Jane Coles - Comfort

MayaJaneColes-3_zpsa5a8b259.jpg

...absolutely killer new album from Ms. Coles. Great sound quality as well.

Karin Park, various singles.

KarinPark_zps32ea9d48.jpeg

Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Green Amulet Crafts Supernatural Qualities

RainforestSpiritualEnslavement-PrayingMantis_zps7345a615.jpg

Whomever is behind this act, I really enjoy the strange, ambient, mystical sounds. I have all of RSE's albums.

The folklore..........

Facts concerning the ambient project Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement are few, but the following creation myth seems plausible: a man investigating the disappearance of a number of missionaries, some of them musicians, in Papua New Guinea in the ‘80s discovered a box of cassettes at a market in Port Moresby. He was told these were the only remains of the group, who often sojourned into the wilderness for weeks on end before returning to tinker on machines in a rented shack. The tapes began to circulate among a small circle of enthusiasts. Rumors swirl that these recordings-- containing long-form, dread-heavy compositions for minimal synthesizer and field recordings-- reflect those lost Christ-bringers’ descent into heresy, with their hearts and minds being consumed by jungle spirits. LA label Hospital Productions have obtained the tapes and have begun to issue them.

Consider it an antidote for Justin Beiber.

After weeks of waiting for it to arrive in the mail, finally......

Kraftwerk: Minimum-Maximum Live

2 DVD set, 24/48, using DVD Audio Extractor, fabulous sound quality.

Thanks for the head's up Junker!

kraftwerklive_zpsd6af8bab.jpg

Nice soundtrack from the new movie

ManofSteel-Zimmer_zps1413c989.jpg

Vangelis: Blade Runner Hybrid SACD conversion to AIFF. AFZ Mastered by Kevin Gray. Hot off the press. Excellent SQ. Highly recommended.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6493[/ATTACH]

Hey Richard, glad to hear you like it! My hybrid SACD showed up yesterday in the mail as well, but due to long hours at work I have not yet had a chance to listen to it. Can't wait to get home a rip it.

this music...is venerated by newer electronic generation artists (Oneotrix Point Never, Steve Haustchild et al).

Cheers

Oscar

Agreed. Many view it as one of the most important electronic music albums of all time. Vangelis may have been considered uncool at some points, but no longer. Certainly this soundtrack and the movie have always been considered cool. The movie has a huge cult following.

Who you callin' a cult? :)

These dudes:

BlueOysterCult_zpsaa8793ff.jpg

BladeRunner2013_zpsded1d7e8.jpg

Finally had a free moment to rip my Hybrid SACD of Kevin Gray's 2013 remaster of the Blade Runner Soundtrack. I have no ability to listen to the SACD layer in my system, so my comments are with respect to the redbook cd layer.

Richard, you are dead on with your assessment of the sonic quality of this release. The sound is spectacular. Mr. Gray knocked it out of the park. At certain points in the soundtrack, the sound is so incredibly spacious your room seems to become one giant speaker. The sound envelops you. There are so many details, nuances and soundstaging elements I had not noticed with the earlier cd release.

If you like this soundtrack and have an older version, you really need to check this one out. Well worth the price of admission. I love it.

Then, even more listenable music, also very much hated by some puritans (from the jazz variety this time):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6600[/ATTACH]

Enhanced with this, with thanks to Musicophile for the recommendation:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6601[/ATTACH]

Boris:

I have the redbook version of The Look of Love and really enjoy it (puritans be damned, and yes, I realize many audiophiles hate Diana Krall because it so over utilized at audio shows, but, I don't care).

Have you had a chance to compare the hybrid cd layer of the SACD to the regular old redbook version?

Thanks Richard. That input is definitely helpful. If the sound quality of the HD Tracks 24/96 download is better than the redbook cd, I will purchase it.

Before I do that, I suppose the question is whether the HD Tracks 24/96 version is equal to or better than the redbook hybrid layer on the SACD? I would expect it to be, but who knows......

If I don't receive any feedback from others on the above question within the next few days, I think I will go with the HD Tracks 24/96 version.

Bear In Heaven - I Love You, It's Cool

BearInHeaven_zps787ab354.jpg

Onra-Chinoiseries_zps11c7ed64.jpg

BrianEno-Lux_zps36b56945.jpg

Lambchop - Is a Woman

Lambchop-Isawoman_zpsad2b2c57.jpg

Weekend - Jinx

Weekend-Jinx_zps6a26951c.jpg

I didn't know this band. Sounds interesting. Thank you!

Happy to help.

Have you received your Blade Runner soundtrack? Curious what you think about it.

Cheers, Blake

TheHaxanCloak5_zps0eedcafd.jpg